Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year 2010 Challenge!

Last Challenge of 2009! There are almost 8 full weeks until the New Year, and they are some of the most food-filled ones of the year. What better time to redouble our efforts in portion-control, food choices, and exercise!

Post your starting weight and goal weight. Or if you prefer, just post how many pounds you want to lose. I'll keep a list here on the first page of the thread of everyone participating in the challenge and will update it as everyone checks in each week. That way it will be easy to follow our progress.

My main goal is to hit 100 pounds lost by the end of the year. I'm starting at 219 (yeah, up 2 pounds from last week, and don't really understand why, but c'est la vie). My goal is to be at 204. My secondary goal is to hit ONDERLAND! So, I'll be striving to lose 20 pounds, but will be happy with 15.

Good luck everyone!

New Year 2010 Challenge

• MistyD65 Start:219 Goal:204 Total lbs to lose:15
  • Heartfire Start:179 Goal:170 Total lbs to lose:9

Edited by MistyD65

Thanks for taking this on, Misty!

Start: 179

Goal: 170

Lbs/Lose: 9

I don't know about this! LOL! I'm so sick of the 170's! It'd be nice if I could see the 160's for the new year. We'll see what happens. Made some changes w/medication and I'm hoping it will be positive changes- weight wise.

Best wishes to all of us in our goals!!

Welcome aboard Michelle!

Well, so much for changing our info each week in that 2nd post. I thought I'd be able to edit, but I guess you can only edit a post for so long. Ah well.

I weighed in at 217 this week, a 2 pound loss, which I am VERY happy with, considering it's TOM. That makes 13 to go to Challenge Goal.

Last week: 219

This week: 217

Loss: 2

Total Loss for Challenge: 2

WTG, Misty! Looks like it's just the 2 of us. That's okay, we'll support each other!

Start: 179

Current: 176.6

Goal: 170

Pretty pleased so far. I've been pretty sick so I tend to eat/want junk and I drink lots of orange juice and tea. Still working on getting over this bronchitis.

I was supposed to get a fill yesterday but postponed it til Tuesday. If I'm still not better, I'll put it off again. With bronchitis I've got a lot of mucus and don't want to take the chance of getting too tight right now. I'm close to my sweet spot so I need to be careful.

Have a great week, Misty!

Hi all,

I am in if you will let me. I just can't seem to get out here every week anymore. Life is too crazy.

My starting weight is 187.

My primary goal is 179 which is obviously 8 lbs. :cool2:

I wish I could get to 175. :thumbup:

I will do my best to get weekly updates out here. I need your support and I want to be there for you! We can have a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas without eating ourselves silly!!!

OF COURSE!!!

I just said that cause it's just pretty much been Misty and I lately!

So welcome aboard!!

I'm glad you're still here, tutornmom. Even if you can't make it to check in often! That's okay, jump in when you can!

Isn't wonderful how we don't have to stress about gaining so much during the holidays anymore? I mean, even if we over-indulge, it's not anywhere near what it used to be. And if there are pounds gained, it's also not near what it used to be either! Such a relief!

Have a great weekend!!

Get yourself on in here girl!! Of course you are welcome! And like heartfire said, don't worry if you can't check in every week. We'll see you when you can.

Heartfire, I hope you are feeling much better soon!

Start: 219

Last Week: 217

This Week: 216

Goal: 204

1 lb lost this week for a total of 3 since the challenge began. 12 to go to goal.

I'm going to visit my parents with my sister over the weekend, so that'll be a challenge. I want to eat when I drive. But I've got some beef Jerky, almonds and other things portioned out into little baggies.

Have a great week everyone!

Count me in ! I really want to be in Onderland by newyears day 2010. I'm not sure I can pull it off, but am up for the challenge!

I am 215 lbs now

New years goal 199 lbs:party:

I will try to figure out how to add another ticker for the challenge, but suffered much frustration with the first ticker.:thumbup:

Edited by Humming Bird
spelling

hey ! I think the new ticker worked !

just trying it out .....

hmmmm .... not showing up here .... but it does on my user CP ....

Edited by Humming Bird
added more

Hi all,

Start 187

Last Week 186

Yesterday 184 :thumbup:

It is moving along. I keep thinking it will stop anytime because I can't exercise (I ruptured the medial band of my plantar fascia or in English I hurt my foot :().

I have an NSV as well - I just got into 16s at the end of September and have been given a closet full but they are ALL getting too big! :unsure: YEAH!!! Maybe people will give me money for clothes for Christmas! I think they feel sorry for me wearing my baggy clothes but I don't want to spend lots of money on clothes I will only wear for a couple of months.

Starting 270. End of challange 255. Total goal of 15 lbs. Good luck everyone!

I hear ya tutor mom. My clothes are horrible looking because there so baggy but I don't want to waste the money. I'm hoping my parents will get me some for xmas lol. All else fails ill keep 100 out of tax money to spend on clothes