Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inches vs. Pounds....

Alrighty, Who else is experiencing this..... I've been lacking in the pound loss area, but am shrinking like it's no ones business. I pretty much have a shape again. And when I went for my fill on friday the doctor was like, holy cow, you look amazing, and then he looked at my chart and said, but you've only lost 1 lb. Anyone else having this issue?

That your losing inches, feeling good, fitting (not squeezing) into a size that you haven't worn in a few years (for me it's a 10/12 pants and a med/large shirt- depending on the brand) Feeling/seeing bones & muscles you forgot existed (for me, hip bones & thigh muscles) but the scale is still laughing at you when you step on it?

It's amazing how your body works and I learn something new about mine every day... it's also soooo frustrating when you put something on and your like "ALRIGHT!!! I'M LOSING!" only to find out that the numbers haven't moved at all....

Talka talk to me. And by the way, so unrelated to this but I have to share, The DH is hounding me for a baby (or start trying) and the only answer I can give him instead of "NO" is, No, I can finally see my feet again, I'm not going through that!

Edited by sarahbellzz14-4

Wow,that's awesome, Sarah -- a size 10/12! :scared2: I wish I had the same thing happening, but I'm not. Just wanted to say way to go, girl! :cursing:

Have been holding my weight @ 227 for about 3 weeks now which is great. Went to buy jeans last night and actually went down another size to 36. I think the last time I wore 36 jeans, I was 25..........:unsure::thumbup:

Have been holding my weight @ 227 for about 3 weeks now which is great. Went to buy jeans last night and actually went down another size to 36. I think the last time I wore 36 jeans, I was 25..........:closedeyes::thumbup:

John, That is awesome. Congrats!!!!!!!!! I was a size 8 when I was 25, but that was 3 years ago, and it was for a Hot min. I did a lil shopping this morning in a store that caters to the microscopic, but has a plus sized section (basically for the slightly anorexic) Bought a blouse in an XL came home put it on (Because I refuse to use the fitting rooms b/c the mirrors LIE to you) and it's too big. I'm just finding things in my closet that I haven't worn in ages, they either fit or they will soon fit. But Jeans are a tough one. I had an incident recently where I bought a 12 and had to exchange them for a 14, basically, I really should have kept the 12's because once they're broken in, they fit... so now, the 14's after a few hours, start to slide on me.

I am having this same issue. When I went in for my post op appointment I had lost 18 lbs, then they set my fill for a month out, when I went back I had lost 1 lbs, but it looked like I had lost about 8. I have 5 cc's in my 10 cc band and feel like I eat way more than I should, but when I went in for my 3rd fill this month, I had lost 11 lbs in 4 weeks and they didn't do an adjustment. I feel like I'm going to sabatoge myself bc i do eat more than a 1/2 cup, but obviously if they didn't do a fill, I'm doing ok. I wish they would have, however I am sustaining now for the last week 1/2. I was banded July 20th and am down about 30 lbs as of now. I buy new jeans, and they fit but i get them home and sit down for more than 10 minutes, they look like garbage bags. But the smaller size is too tight, I have a muffin top and I feel like I just got rid of that lol Such a hard place right now. No one understands how it feels to lose weight and be succesful and not feel cute in your clothes. Weird problem to have. The good part is I know in time they will eventually fit. I just hate walking around in my clothes that feel like tents. I should be more thankful than stressed I suppose :closedeyes: Good luck! sounds like you are doing great!!

I am having this same issue. When I went in for my post op appointment I had lost 18 lbs, then they set my fill for a month out, when I went back I had lost 1 lbs, but it looked like I had lost about 8. I have 5 cc's in my 10 cc band and feel like I eat way more than I should, but when I went in for my 3rd fill this month, I had lost 11 lbs in 4 weeks and they didn't do an adjustment. I feel like I'm going to sabatoge myself bc i do eat more than a 1/2 cup, but obviously if they didn't do a fill, I'm doing ok. I wish they would have, however I am sustaining now for the last week 1/2. I was banded July 20th and am down about 30 lbs as of now. I buy new jeans, and they fit but i get them home and sit down for more than 10 minutes, they look like garbage bags. But the smaller size is too tight, I have a muffin top and I feel like I just got rid of that lol Such a hard place right now. No one understands how it feels to lose weight and be succesful and not feel cute in your clothes. Weird problem to have. The good part is I know in time they will eventually fit. I just hate walking around in my clothes that feel like tents. I should be more thankful than stressed I suppose :closedeyes: Good luck! sounds like you are doing great!!

I feel ya jenna. I have 2 poblems... The muffin top & the bread basket. Basically when I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago I didn't wear a support garment so my stomach muscles seperated at the belly button, so now I have the bottom pouch as well... I joke around and say I have 4 stomachs, 2 on the inside and 2 on the outside. Everyone I've spoken to from Personal trainers to doctors have all told me to start saving my pennies because the only way to get rid of it is a full Tummy Tuck (where they re attach your muscle wall- give you a new belly button etc) The trainers have said that we can work on it but the damage has been done and that skin is just flapping in the breeze on it's own. Thats my frustration with size of pants... I have to compensate a size for the "bottom half" so while my "Real" size is probably 2 smaller then I wear, I won't know until I reach my goal weight and *when pigs fly* have the tummy tuck.

Hi everyone! I was banded May 1st and did really good until recently. I had a fill in August and just went for another one almost two weeks ago because I felt I was eating too much, lost only 2 lbs in almost 6 weeks but have lost another size in pants. This last fill was a good one and have lost about 3lbs but still feel good because I am apparently losing inches. I will measure myself on Nov 1st which will be the 1st time since I started my journey a few months ago. I have gone from a size 16 pants to an 8 & extra large top to med-lg depending on brand. So anyone who gets discouraged I say, "DON'T, hang in there."

I'm going thru it too. Some days I just look in the mirror and think Wow, where did the weight go? I'm very pleased, but it doesn't show on the scales. I've gone thru this several times and I love it. The pounds seem to come off on the scales within a few weeks of this happening. I'm wearing a tight size 12 jeans now (hip huggers) (in waist high pants I'm still in a 14 or 16). I am finally seeing a waist line showing up though and that makes me really happy. Also, I just pulled my old sewing machine out of the closet and will start taking in some of my better clothes that I want to keep a while longer. GB

This is happening to me too! I've not lost more than 4 lbs. in the last 3 months BUT I've gone down 3 pant sizes. I was in a 24 but fit into an 18 dress slacks on Friday.

My other problem is not looking good in my clothes - ALL of my clothes are either too big or too small. My bras also do not fit - I tried on 12 bras the other day with someone doing measurements at the store. No dice- I have muffin tops at the top.

It's really frustrating - but I guess it's a small price to pay for having more energy.

I've been having a hard time lately b/c of the scale not moving. I've also noticed that the fills seem to work only for about a week and then I'm back to being able to eat more than I should. This really worries me b/c I need that restriction. It's what I was counting on.

I love reading everyones journeys and I'm glad to know we are all having some of the same issues and it's not just me.

Thanks everyone!

Wow, I am really glad you posted this, I was wondering what's going on with me. The scale is moving sooo slowly, but I feel great and that is what I keep telling myself. I have gone from a 20 to a 16 but probably could squeeze into a 14 now but want to wait. I had to go buy a new coat which surprised me because I bought this coat a few years ago when I was weighing what I weigh now but it is way too big. That is when I was knew something was weird was going on. I do have to admit that it is NOT from gaining muscle because I have not been exercising. (I know this is bad but I do hair and stand on my feet and by the end of the day my back and feet do not feel like working out!)

John you are doing so awesome congrats on your success!!

I am having the same issue. I talking to the dietican at the dr. office and she told me I was not eating enough food to lose weight. When I add more fruits and veggies to my diet I the scale moves. I think I am doing good for someone who has had only one fill. People look at me and thinks I lost alot of weight. I am happy with the results and will keep working the band. Congrats to everyone who aare losing.

DMJC, Why have you only had 1 fill? I would think it is time for a 2nd one by now. I just had my 3rd fill and that is even slower than most banders. Did they give you 1 large fill instead of several small amounts? Gaye

Hi Gaye

I have not been able to make my fill appoinments. I am planning to get one this month. it's totally my fault, but I am proud of myself for still losing and not gaining any weight. There are some foods that down go down well and I avoid them (such as french fries, crackers, dry bread, etc). I make sure I eat three meals and Snacks.< /p>