Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this....yay!!!

Helloo everybodyy!!!! My name is Ariana and I am new to lap band talk and i wanted to introduce myself...I havent gotten the band yet but I really want it...Im really friendly so if anybody has any good tips for me because this is my first time and im 18 years old...THANK YOU.... :)

Welcome to LBT girlie there are a lot of friendly people on here and a ton of info look around..

Hi and welcome to Lapband Talk.

Welcome to LBT girlie there are a lot of friendly people on here and a ton of info look around..

Thank you mamaz...im new to this so im still trying to get used to everything lol...so are you banded? if you dont mind me asking...

Hi and welcome to Lap Band Talk.

Thanks! I hope you dont mind if i ask a bunch of questions since im new to this and i havent really figured out how this works lol :)

Hey Ariana,

Just wanted to say "Welcome" :) I'm pretty new to this process as well and ever since I've found this site I've been hooked because like the PP said it's got a ton of information and people are very nice and willing to help answer all your questions.

So have you started anything yet? How far along are you in the process? Or are you still just reading up on the LAP-BAND®®? Good luck and see you around!! :thumbup:

Beez

Thank you mamaz...im new to this so im still trying to get used to everything lol...so are you banded? if you dont mind me asking...

Not yet chica, I'm waiting on insurance approval but i have been on here so long that i feel like an expert lolz there is a lot of good info on here. read up and become an informed buyer lol!!

Hey Ariana,

Just wanted to say "Welcome" :thumbup: I'm pretty new to this process as well and ever since I've found this site I've been hooked because like the PP said it's got a ton of information and people are very nice and willing to help answer all your questions.

So have you started anything yet? How far along are you in the process? Or are you still just reading up on the LAP-BAND®®®? Good luck and see you around!! :sad:

Beez

Thank you!!! I havent started anything yet because we're going through the insurance company...Im still trying to figure out the site and the people (lol) but thank you again and i will definitely be asking tons of questions because on the one hand im really nervous but im also reallyyyy excited for the band....how far along are you in the process???

Not yet chica, I'm waiting on insurance approval but i have been on here so long that i feel like an expert lolz there is a lot of good info on here. read up and become an informed buyer lol!!

Ohh okk thats cool...Im also waiting for insurance to approve it...but theres a possibility of my moms job paying for it because she works at yale....so idk but im prayinggg that they approve me...how long have you been in the process??? or actually when did you start your journey?:thumbup:

Hi Ariana-

This site is very helpful. I found it before I got banded and have been on ever since. I was banded on 09/24 and things are going great. I go for my first fill on the 22nd and I have been contemplating if I was going to get one since I've been seeing good loss.

I had a hiatal hernia and thats how it was billed to my insurance. I financed the remaining balance and am on a monthly payment for $3k.

My process was fairly quick and easy. Went for consult, had blood work and ekg and egd done within same week. Was called back the following week with my surgery date.

Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do. Research and make sure that you are ready and willing to accept the lifestyle change that comes with the band. It is a tool to help you along the way. The best way my surgeon explained it was "If you can give 30-40%, the band will give you the rest". Makes a lot of sense...I have to practice making smarter choices now. I can't just expect the band to do it alone.

I'm still learning and at this point I think its trial and error. I'm getting there though.

Keep in touch!

Hi Ariana-

This site is very helpful. I found it before I got banded and have been on ever since. I was banded on 09/24 and things are going great. I go for my first fill on the 22nd and I have been contemplating if I was going to get one since I've been seeing good loss.

I had a hiatal hernia and thats how it was billed to my insurance. I financed the remaining balance and am on a monthly payment for $3k.

My process was fairly quick and easy. Went for consult, had blood work and ekg and egd done within same week. Was called back the following week with my surgery date.

Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do. Research and make sure that you are ready and willing to accept the lifestyle change that comes with the band. It is a tool to help you along the way. The best way my surgeon explained it was "If you can give 30-40%, the band will give you the rest". Makes a lot of sense...I have to practice making smarter choices now. I can't just expect the band to do it alone.

I'm still learning and at this point I think its trial and error. I'm getting there though.

Keep in touch!

Dont worry I am definitely doing my homework and I have decided to get the lap band...now its up to the doctors to see that I can get it done...I am ready to accept the lifestyle change and willing to do almost anything to get to that point. As im on here I am finding that this site is VERY helpful. The people on here are friendly and I feel like Im talking to one of my friends at school or etc. Also congrats on the recent band and I hope to really become a bandster...:thumbup:

Good luck with everything. I'm sure everything will fall into place. You will be on your way before you know it. I agree, the site is very helpful and lots of good information on here.

Ohh okk thats cool...Im also waiting for insurance to approve it...but theres a possibility of my moms job paying for it because she works at yale....so idk but im prayinggg that they approve me...how long have you been in the process??? or actually when did you start your journey?:thumbup:

Ok so i got a call from the scheduled yesterday and I'm having surgery Nov 16th I'm stooked!!!