Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a personal vent here.

This process SUCKS!!! It was hard enough pre-banding to deal with the weight and now that I am almost 18 months out it isn't any easier.

I had a weight loss of 70 lbs about a month ago. Now I have gained back 10 of those and only have a 60 lb loss. THAT SUCKS!!

I know the things I am doing wrong. I just came back from a dr. appt and we discussed all the things I am going to start doing RIGHT. Dennis, Dr. Billy's RN, spoke with me at length about what I am doing that needs to change.

We have all heard this spiel. Count Calories, Drink your Water, Measure your food, Read labels, No more than 25 min eating any meal, NO Snacks, etc. Well that all sounds easy enough right? Hell no it isn't easy. If it was then WLS wouldn't be needed. RIGHT?

So I took a long look at myself and my habits on the drive home from Ventura to reflect and make myself accountable for my own actions. That sucked too. LOL!!! Nothing like looking at yourself in the mirror and owning your own shit. OOPS SORRY!! Had to use that word cause it is the only one that fits. LOL!!

I have to begin a new day tomorrow (yes tomorrow cause I am exhausted today). Log my food with calories and Proteins. Cut out snacks altogether cause they are my downfall. Even fruit is a sin for me. I overeat it so I don't get the benefit of it. Just added calories. I am limited to 1200 calories a day period. Drink at least 40 oz hopefully more of Water a day. Watch food portions closely. Increase my Calcium to 1200mg a day. I am at risk for spinal fractures so he wants me to increase my intake. I already take Actonel for that. Osteoporosis is thy name. Curses!! Family history!!

So just wanted to let you guys know even being this far out you have to start that excitement we first experienced being banded. Reflect on your goals often to keep that excitement fresh.

Good Luck and Keep on losing. I am shooting for a goal of a 15 lb loss in 2 months. Wish me luck. I am gonna need it.

Penni, I commend you for such a courageous post.

Getting back to basics is the only thing that works for me, it seems as we get farther out into our journey with our bands we become complacent and some of our old habits creep back in atleast that is the case for me. The first step is realizing it which you have, now we need to act on it. I'm here to offer you all the support you need. You and I both know that journaling really does work. Seem when I journal, I make better food choices, it something about seeing it on paper that makes the difference for me..I started journaling again on Sept 12th, the Monday after the Vegas Bash and I have been committed to it ever since...when I journal my caloric intake is between 1200 - 1400 calories a day, without journaling Im breaking the 2000 calorie barrier .I have cut out all of my after dinner Snacks and just drink Water in my room so Im not near the kitchen I agree you have to start the excitement all over again..I got that excitement back this Monday when I hit the 100 lb mark, I seem to be refocused and dedicated to reaching my new goal of 15 more lbs. You can do this Penni, you know what to do..now just do it! You did not come this far to gain the weight back..we are so blessed to have such a wonderful tool to help us with this battle...use it to your advantage. Again, I'm here to offer you support any way I can..

Good on you Penni.

You really begin to understand how controlling your weight is a life time commitment dont you? And its easy to understand why diets fail.

You'll get there.

Penni......u will get back on track and do great

and like Jachut said yes its a life time commitment

You can do it ...please dont give up

you have done sooooo well

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH (yes, I'm screaming.) Same F-ing boat (yes, I'm cussing, too.) Same weight gain. Same everything. This is Day 2 of being good for me, and it sucks. No Snacks, no soda, no diet soda, no nothing. Lettuce with Protein for lunch. fruit F-ing cup instead of goodies. Blah, blah, blah. My big treat for the day was a chewable Vitamin that left a nasty taste in my mouth. I even felt guilty for that.

I got so far off track that eveyone at work is afraid of me now. They are all supportive (except the "Big E") and they know I mean business. I'm friggen flying off the walls from ODing on ice tea with fake poison chemicals. I would lick a dirty foot for a Coke right now.

You're not alone.

Lord knows I'm the last person who should be giving advice! So I'll just say I'm here for ya if you need a friend! You can do it (water boy)! LOL! :)

Well- I am afraid I may have been a bit of a bad contributor here! So I am with you Girl- You want to start tomorrow than I'll kick you B*U*T*T in gear! & Mine as well. You right we have been having too much fun- But that being said you do have a badly sprained ankle & haven't been able to get around well- so ease up on yourself a bit;0) You can do this! I know you'll lose that 15 pounds for sure!! My goal will be 10 pds & I will start as well with you tomorrow! Its a boost for me in the morning & than maybe we can do some form of exercise together.

Good for you for taking that RE-Look at yourself & knowing when to take charge again! I'm here for you all the way! Being beautiful is a full time job - ain't it:0) lol

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. And yes it does take work to be beautiful. I look at myself sometimes and I say EWWWWWW! then I look at myself other times and go Hmmm I am really cute. Nothing is ever easy is it?

DeLarla you will succeed too with your sugar addiction. Good Luck

Michelle you are my idol and mentor. You ROCK!!

Christina we are starting over today. BREAK A LEG at the audition! Can't wait to hear all about the adventures. Wish I could be there to see it all. Ankle too swollen this morning. And yes I have a brace on it. LOL!!!

Jachut and Fee I won't quit that is for sure. I have come too far to stop now. I just fell off the wagon and was scraping my knees but gonna climb back up and put some salve on those knees and continue on down that trail. Indians and all.

Jessiebear did I hear you say "Water boy"? Hmmm nice tanned slender and rippppppped abs. OH Water BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys I just love you all.