Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with Aetna Insurance ???

Hello, anyone have aetna who has been approved ? I am currently finishing my 3 month dietician diet and was given an approval from the pychologist. I am really nervous because i think aetna sucks, anything i should do or expect when i finally submit the paper work?:frown:

I have Aetna ! I went through the 3 months with True Results and it took 2 weeks for my paperwork to get submitted because from what I was told the girl who did the summaries was on vacation. whatever!!! anyways once they submitted it I got my approval within 3 days!! Hopefully it will go quickly for you too.

Aetna really is one of the best insurance companies to have! I did the 3 month diet, jumped thru all the hoops required by my doc and their policy, then boom. My doc submitted, and I got the approval in one week and a day. Got my official letter today in the mail WHOOHOOO!

If you do what they ask, its seems like they are quick to approve.

Scroll down and look thru some of the other posts on here. Yu will see tons about Aetna and their policies.

Good luck!

Jodi

Gosh I hope its that fast for me as well!! thats amazing!:wub:

Aetna really is one of the best insurance companies to have! I did the 3 month diet, jumped thru all the hoops required by my doc and their policy, then boom. My doc submitted, and I got the approval in one week and a day. Got my official letter today in the mail WHOOHOOO!

If you do what they ask, its seems like they are quick to approve.

Scroll down and look thru some of the other posts on here. Yu will see tons about Aetna and their policies.

Good luck!

Jodi

You hit in right on the head!! I 100% AGREE!!!! Took only a few days to get approved!

I have Aetna. I also did the 3 month program. My doc's office submitted the paperwork and I was approved in 5 days! Aetna is awesome! :)

I have Aetna HMO and was DENIED today! I did all the pre-op testing, sleep study, etc., and I was denied because my BMI is 37. I am so frustrated right now. My surgeon's office is going to help with filing an appeal, but my high floating balloon has had a whole pricked in it... :frown:

I have aetna, and I was told aetna is one of the better companies to have. I agree 100% so far. I was nervous bec of all the bad hype on here about aetna, but SO FAR my journey has been super smooth! I have 1 month left of my 3 month multidisciplinary program. I do wonder, though, if anyone knows...when I first looked into this, my bmi was 38, but over the course of the summer, I've actually gained weight and now my bmi is 40...could I be denied bc of that? I'm really freaking out about that...

I have Aetna PPO. My fear is that I'm not doing exactly what they want for the 3 month pre-surgical. I am seeing a registered dietician once per month and a personal trainer thru a health club once per month. Can I do the behavior mod program thru the dietician/personal trainer or do I need to see a third person else for that? Not sure what the want here. One other concern is I have GERD. The policy bulletin says "contra-indicated for acid reflux." Does this mean they don't approve of the surgery if you have that. I've tried to get these questions answered by Aetna but they refuse to talk about it. They say they are not doctors and can't answer these questions. Weird. Also, did you have to provide documentation of other attempts at weight loss? Thanks folks. Any help would be appreciated cuz I don't want to get three months down the line and then be told I didn't do it right.

I have Aetna, too, and am wondering what I'll do if I am denied. My BMI is borderline in the high 30s and I'm doing all the preop regime and losing weight. Anyone lived through a denial ?

I was denided by Aetna in August because my BMI isn't over 40. Currently, it is 39.6 with no co-morbids. I filed an appeal around the end of August. I was told it would take four to six weeks to find out the results. I am going CRAZY! I hate sitting and waiting. I started calling every day this week to find out the status. So far, I've been told there hasn't been a decision made.

Hello, anyone have aetna who has been approved ? I am currently finishing my 3 month dietician diet and was given an approval from the pychologist. I am really nervous because i think aetna sucks, anything i should do or expect when i finally submit the paper work?:biggrin:

I have Aetna - If you meet your BMI requirements, pass your psych eval and do your due diligence re: diet and preliminary weight loss you should be good to go.

There are hoops to get through but no tricks - pretty straight forward. If you're SUPER worried, just call their pre-certification dept., they should be able to give you some info.

Good luck!!!

:mad:

eat a few cheeseburger then get re-weighed! :>)

I have Aetna PPO and I am currently doing the 3 month program. I have sleep Apnea which is one of the co-mobids they ask for. I will be going in for my 3rd visit on Monday. The problem is I am gaining weight and not losing. For now I am trying to just maintain my weight or at least get back to the weight I was when I was originally weighed. My last visit before my paperwork is submitted is at the end of October? Has anyone gained weight on the 3 month program and still got approved? Do you think I will get approved?

My center filed after the 3rd visit. I thought it would be the end of October before they filed. I did manage to lose about 5 pounds. I am currently waiting on a decision.

- Val