Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really wonder why I was so nervous about doing this the last 3-years. This was so much easier than I ever dreamed, the shoulder gas pain went away by the next morning, I was freaked out by the barium swallow that eveyone calls chalk, but after driinking Protein shakes for two weeks I found the strawberry flavoured barium a nice little dessert!

Guys, if any of you are still sitting on the fence because you're scared about surgery or anesthesia, honeslty, it was just a breeze. The absolute worst part was getting the IV in when I arrived at the hospital - from there it was all down hill.

235 banding 08/25/09

227 08/27/09

140 goal

Mine was way easier than I expected too. I thought the healing phase would be harder. I thought the liquids/mushy food phase would be harder. I think the hardest part for me was the pre-surgical diet.

Anyway, CONGRATS!!

Thanks so much for your encouraging report! My surgery is in the morning at 5:15 a.m.! Your words were just what I needed on the eve of my procedure.

I've been thinking of a Bible verse that I learned as a little girl. "What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee". I keep reciting this over and over. I know, with God's help, I can get through the next 24 hours. You have helped my fears this evening. Thank you!

Do you have a high tolerance for pain? I can't imagine this being easy.

I really wonder why I was so nervous about doing this the last 3-years. This was so much easier than I ever dreamed, the shoulder gas pain went away by the next morning, I was freaked out by the barium swallow that eveyone calls chalk, but after driinking Protein shakes for two weeks I found the strawberry flavoured barium a nice little dessert!

Guys, if any of you are still sitting on the fence because you're scared about surgery or anesthesia, honeslty, it was just a breeze. The absolute worst part was getting the IV in when I arrived at the hospital - from there it was all down hill.

235 banding 08/25/09

227 08/27/09

140 goal

Hi just had to agree with you. I was a little nervous the morning of surgery, but, like you, the most painful and not even that painful was the IV. When I woke up from surgery I had some left collar bone pain, but after I finished waking up, that subsided. I never had to take any pain meds, even after returning home. Never even filled them. I couldn't have asked for a better recovery.

Hi there,

I was banded in thursday. My shoulder-gas pain was the worst of it and its gone now....(1 day was all it took).....

Its raining like crazy, so i think ill go the mall and walk.....and window shop....I'm not buying anything until all of my fat guy clothes are huge!!

Bill:tongue2:

This post was just what I needed! My surgery is Wednesday and I have literraly been a nervous wreck all week!! Thank you for the encouraging words. BTW...what types of things did you buy prior to surgery for example I've heard of buying different kinds of "Cream of " Soups, Gas X strips, etc.

I asked about the Gas X. Dr told me it was only good for inside your stomach yet I see many people on the board using it? Does it really help for this shoulder pain issue?