Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nectar Protein..has anyone tried it?

I am looking for a decent tasting Protein. I ordered Unjury and do not like it. Now I am stuck with 2 canisters that will not be used. It cost an arm and a leg to ship back so I will keep it. Any suggestions?

Edited by 2911plans

I used carnation instant Breakfast sugar free. It is not awful but not great either. none of them are lol. Good luck!

I like the nectar sweets. . . the chocolate truffle and the vanilla bean torte. gotts mix it in one of those mixer cups though (like from Tupperware) or it will be lumpy.

I agree with everyone above. I bought a shaker cup with a whisk ball from GNC to mix mine - it worked much better than the tupperware or the blender. My favorites are nectar Cherry mixed with Cherry Pomegranite crystal light - and nectar Roadside Lemonade mixed with Raspberry lemonade crystal light.

In my opinion, making it as cold as possible makes it better as well.

Good luck!

I second -- or is it third? -- the nectar Proteins. I mix the chocolate truffle with a teaspoon or two of instant espresso and it makes it more latte-like. I also have the tropical flavor, but I'm beginning to not like it so much. I guess I want a REAL pina colada. The fuzzy navel flavor is good and peachy.

Another good Protein to try is Isopure Zero Carb. It comes in 20-ounce single-serving bottles and fruit flavors. The whole bottle has 40g of Protein. (My doc wants me to have 30-40g for each meal.) They're sort of like Sobe Lean. I'm preop, so I've still got all my stomach capacity. I would guess 20 ounces might be a lot post op. I buy them at Vitamin Shoppe. They also have them at GNC. They're very expensive to order by mail because shipping costs are killer. The bottles are very heavy.

Thanks everyone. I ordered a sampler of 11 different flavors for $9.99. I will try all of them and come back and post my opinion of the flavors. I was told by the sales rep to mix with Water. I was wondering if it could be mixed with milk in order to make it thicker? I would also like to add frozen fruit if that does not make the taste overbearing.

I mix one scoop of nectar chocolate Truffle and one cup of milk and have half in the morning and half in the afternoon and it is great and the milk gives it extra protein!

Jenn, I bet that chocolate Truffle might be my fav. It has been mentioned a few times on this thread by other posters.

Edited by 2911plans

I tried 2 flavors of the nectar Protein. Today I had strawberry/kiwi mixed with Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light it was very good. Yesterday, I had the flavor Crystal Sky. I forgot to mix it with Crystal Light and mixed it with plain Water. It was not bad, but I would not try that flavor again.

I will update after I try other flavors.