Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't mean to be a big baby, but oouuuch my big incision hurts. I understand why it does, it makes sense. But what can I do to help elivate some of the pain? Besides pain meds.

Thanks.

The hospital gave me a really cool ice pack, it was cloth, not like when you were a kid and your mom put ice in a ziplock and it was so cold you cried.... Anyway I used mine for 4 days and I put it right on the port location. Maybe this would help you as well.

I was just banded on the 16th and mine hurts too. It will get better daily. My suggestion is to try to avoid getting up and down and get yourself a heating pad. It has soothed a lot of my discomfort.

Take your pain meds ,shower if it's o.k. Don't stay still, you need to walk often. The pain will get better, hang in there

I used the ice pack for 4-5 days then changed to a heating pad for 2 weeks. It is a lot better now but still a little pain if I lean on the port (of course). It does get better.

thank you all. I was using a ice pack for the first few days and at first it helped but now not so much. I think I will switch over to using a heating pad now. I apppreciate all the suggestions!!

My port site was very painful after surgery. I went to my doc to be sure it wasn't infected, etc, and thankfully it wasn't. He then prescribed an abdominal binder which I wore for several weeks. It gave support to my port area as the stiches that attached the port to my body healed. :crying:

Thanks Pegs. I'll ask Monday when I see her.The heating pad is working nicely...I just can't walk around with it. lol..

when I had my hysterectomy 2 yrs ago and my scar tissue removal in Feb., I lived on ice packs!!!! Better pain relief than morphine, as the cold numbs it. Trust me though, move wrong and you will get an instant reminder you are still healing. My nurses tried to get me to use heating pad, but it just cramped me and made the pain worse....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!