Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ug! Not "shrink-o"ing fast enough

I'm feeling a little frustrated today. Now that I finally got to 195 (35 down), I'm having a tough time getting below that number. AND I committed to getting at least 6 more off by May 5th, which seems like a still-attainable goal. . IF the loss would stop stalling.

Yesterday, I had a Slim Fast for Breakfast, Soup for lunch, and about 2/3 of a Smart Ones dinner for dinner -- and I worked out with a personal trainer for an hour (tough workout too). But this morning, the scale hadn't moved at all. . in fact, it was at 195.6. So frustrating!

Just wanted to vent -- I figured you guys would understand.

Catherine

Catherine, it sounds like you are really not eating enough to me. Are you eating 60+ grams of Protein a day (I'm thinking no). Calories should be 1,000-1,200 and you are no where close to that. Try increasing your intake some, using healthy choices of course :thumbdown: and keep everything else the same.

I will admit that yesterday was a particularly scant-eating day. I do focus on getting enough Protein generally though b/c I'm scared about losing my hair.

Today, I had a lowfat yogurt, a Soup (home made butternut squash soup), and I'll have salmon for dinner.

I really want that scale to move, darn it! :thumbdown:

sometimes shocking the body is a good thing. eat more or less; different foods......same w/exercise - mix it up.

you should also start taking measurements - a lot of times when the scale stalls your losing inches.....especially if your working w/a trainer.

don't get too discouraged.!.

Hi,

I was thinking about you today ( I visited your blog last week and really enjoyed it - it wasn't that long ago that I lived in NYC and went to many of the places you mention).

I also think you are not taking in enough calories. I am seeing that it really is important to take in the right amount or things stall. I think that early on, one can really decrease their calories with positive effects, but once you have muscle and are leaner, it is so important to fuel your body.

Also, when I've noticed my scale stall I shake things up - eat differently and do different activities - change from running to biking, etc. I think our bodies get in a routine and fight to stay at the weight we are at. I have a long way to go, so I will most certainly encounter this again.

We have the same Dr. - have you talked to her about it?

You can do this for May 5th ! I know it!

Thanks, everyone! This is good advice. I'm planning to shake things up with the exercise routine and see if that helps! I also am at the (sorry for TMI) very end of TOM, so maybe that's what's keeping on the extra weight?

WorkingMom, I'm so glad that you're liking my blog! I took some more photos at a spot in Chinatown on Sunday night & will post them soon -- maybe tonight or tomorrow morning.

Catherine

I had that problem too, I've only been banded 4 weeks now, but the amount of food I have been eating I would have expected the scale to keep moving drastically, but I got stuck for about a week at the same weight, give or take a half a pound. It was my TOM too, and the day that ended was the day I lost 5lbs in a day, so I'm sure that isn't helping your cause either!

Another thing you need to make sure of is to get at least 64 oz of Water in on a daily basis. I swear by it and no if I don't get my liquids in that also slows my weight loss down. Keep up the good work, you're doing great.

Funny enough. . . I got on the scale this morning and it FINALLY went down! It was at 194.2 -- a new post-op low (or should I say "high"?)! :glare:

So, after all that struggling, I went from 195.6 to 194.2 in one day. I guess it probably was a bit TOM-related.

Catherine

Congrats on the scale moving!!! It can be SO frustrating, and I totally feel your pain! What I found for me that is a "must do" is get all (and more) of my required Protein, Water and exercise (even if it's only walking). Whenever I don't have all these 3 things working everyday, the scale stalls.

However, I FEEL smaller about 2 days before the scale SHOWS it. I know it sounds bizarre, but I swear by it (that and a tape measure). Also, TOM can be a pill. I'd say give it a week, focus on getting your Protein, Water, exercise and proper calories and that dam scale is gonna make you scream out loud! I've done that twice (screamed from the surprise of the scale) and it ROCKS!!!

Fight the good fight Girl, you WILL succeed!! And even if you don't lose it by May 5th, who cares! You will lose it, and as long as you do that's all that matters!