Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Scared Of?

I know we are all probably a bit scared of something around this surgery - whether it be the pre op, the surgery itself, or the future that lies ahead.

My biggest fear is dying on the operating table. Nothing else, I think that I will be able to handle that stuff, but petrified of dying on the table!

My biggest fear was failure. To go to the extreme of surgery and still fail at weightloss would have been mortifying to me.

I wasn't afraid of death. The way I saw it, the surgery is very minimal, the death rate lower than many common low-risk surgeries...the odds of something happening were pretty low. But considering my family history and my pre-op weight the odds of me developing serious health problems and/or living a short life were pretty good if I didn't have the surgery. There was a little concern about possible complications but no so much as the fear of failure.

I'm scared of dying on the table, but at this point, I have to trust that my doctor knows what he's doing and wouldn't put me in danger/risk of surgery if he didn't think my body could handle it. :mellow:

The biggest thing I'm scared of (and I've talked about this in my "post-goal weight anxiety" thread) is what the aftermath of rapid weight loss has in store for my body. I don't want to look like a deflated balloon... I've already started saving for full-body contouring and a boob job, but if ANYONE has heard any workout tricks or magical potions or lotions, please let me know!:blink:

I too am scared that I will fail at this. I am determined that I will make it work, but I have been determined before too. I know I can lose weight, but can never keep it off long term. So I am hoping that this tool will help me do just that. I would really feel like a failure if I can not make this work :blink:.

But enough with the bad thoughts, we are the Bunny Bandsters. We will succeed :mellow:

I think my biggest fear is that by having this surgery to alter my body I am in some way suggesting to my beautiful daughter that there is something wrong with her body. That because people tell her she looks like her momma (we have the same coloring but she is within a healthy weight range) and her momma had surgery because of how she 'looked' that there must be something wrong with her. That alone prevented me for years from even looking into it.

I have the same fear, especially because poor skin elasticity runs in my family. However, when I lost about 65 lbs on my own I was addicted to Tae-bo workouts (particularly the advanced workout). No matter where you are on your journey that tape will kick your butt. The best part is, as you get stronger you can always punch quicker or kick higher. Resistance is key. Plain cardio will make you a Saggy Sally.

I am scared of dying on the table. I have this amazing life-- a husband who adores me, the most beautiful 8 month old son, a great job, etc. I would hate to leave all that behind because of complications in surgery. Anything else (changing my eating habits, lifestyle, the hard work) is a challenge I am looking forward to.

The portal! Vanity. Worried what a future partner might think when he feels it. (single right now) of all the things to stress about... silly isn't it?

I'm scared of waking up after surgery and not having the band due to some complication. As many have mentioned failure. Not properly following directions. Equipment failure......

Oh how about this - TAKING CONTROL..... I'm afraid of having the tool to take control of my weight.

I'm afraid of gaining the weight back once I've lost it...it's happened so many times before.

The portal! Vanity. Worried what a future partner might think when he feels it. (single right now) of all the things to stress about... silly isn't it?

Not silly at all, my friend had the same concern and this is what I told her.. men, in general, are pigs (I mean this in the nicest way possible), they would not care if we had 4 legs, 2 heads and six arms,so don't stress about a small port, they will not even notice. Besides, even if they did there are a lot of kinky people out there, I'm sure there will be some port nuts soon enough :welldoneclap:

I'm just happy i'll be able to get more men into bed!!

Oh LingLing :welldoneclap: more?:grouphug: