Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am A Bandster....

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you all so very much for all the support, advice and love you showed me pre-op.....WOW, I am now post-op!!! Everything went very smoothly, the nurses were ourstanding at Elmbrook Memorial Hospital in Brookfield, WI. Just wondeful....they should be very proud of their work and they do work, I tell you!!!

I am sipping my 1 oz. of Water every 15 minutes....and I am full! Have just a little gas pain, but not too bad....have some pain in my chest...is that gas too or just filling up on the Water? Tried lying in bed....forget that....the recliner is my best friend right now. My other best friend is my mom who is watching my 9 year old for me!

Margo! Big huge wonderful CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay you!

You're now ready to learn the secret bandster motto....walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip. Slow and easy! You'll be back up and around in no time!!

Oh I love that!!! Welcome to bandland..ILUVHARLEYS good saying. Margo, welcome to the first day of freedom... I want a tee shirt that says I have been banded. Maybe they won't look at me so evil for being horzontally challanged!!

WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE!!

I have only been banded for 24 days now, but It has made a huge difference already in me. I am down 25 pounds already and feeling so much more like I want to go out and enjoy my life. I feel that my band has given me a new lease on life. I am 5'2 and and weighed 308 on July 3,2005.

Get pleanty of rest, don't be in a rush to get back to work or anything; pamper yourself..you just had surgery!! make sure you remember to get your mom a thank you card for watching your son while you recover. That is a great GIFT she is giving you.

Congratulations to you! I wish you the best of sucess and happiness with your new stomach!

remember to take pics to keep us all updated on how your progress is going.

Thank you everyone...I feel like a new person already! I am so excited about this "trip"...my new beginning!

My husband has been so helped and supportive, my mom still has my daughter (and thank you for the idea to get her a "thank you") and all my friends have called to see how I am doing and everyone on this board has been such a friend....I feeled very blessed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches