Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

22... Nervous... Would Love Advice! :)

Hi all!!

I am 22 years old and getting banded March 12th by Dr. Nimul of True Results in Scottsdale!

I am scared out of my mind but also so excited!

I have been overweight almost my whole life so it will be wonderful to finally get rid of this weight.

Any information would be so helpful and so greatly appreciated! :mad2: I am keeping this a secret from most of my family and friends so I am unable to talk and express myself as much as I'd like!

Don't be scared! It's the best thing I ever did. What kind of questions do you have or what type of advice are you looking for?

Hi! Thanks for the response!

I guess I'm mainly nervous that it just isn't going to work! I have a lot of self determination, I just don't want another "diet" failed. I am going into this looking at it not so much as a diet but as a whole new life style change. I do have confidence that this will work but there is definitely always a little doubt.

I guess I'm just looking for the support from people who have experienced this. I almost feel at the doctors office it is all sales and there just telling me what I want and need to hear. I want to know the negative side of things. The worst things about lap-band if you will.

I am also sooo nervous about having lots of loose skin! I am 22 and am currently 252 lbs at 5'9. I want to lose anywhere from 80-100 lbs. The doctors and nurses have said that because of my age my skin will have more elasticity... however I feel like it is more of a selling tactic then the actual truth.

What have you experienced with you skin and the transformation your bosy has gone through?

when I started I was 305 and I am 5 9" - 5 10" ish.. since I am getting older (38) I seem to be shrinking and I am in denial..lol.

I have had a little loose skin but girl let me tell you.. I look way hotter with loose skin then I ever did with fat filling it out! :tt2: It is true your age is to your advantage. But either way if that is the worse thing that happens is that you have loose skin there is always plastic surgery. I plan on getting a lower body lift and new girls :tt2:

The only people that see my skin is my hubby when I have clothes on you can't tell. I have a picture posted of me on here in my albums of me in a tankini from just a couple of days ago.

I hope this helps!

BEK1986,

I'm 24 years old and I'm 5'3" weighing 255lbs. I am in the process of getting new insurance so I can return to my surgeon to go further with my plans for surgery. I bet you will do great!!!! Just think of how much better you will feel once your extra baggage is off!!!! I can't answer any questions for you about post-op but I can give you support and encouragement! Write me anytime!

Good luck :tt2:

Hi! Thanks for the response!

I guess I'm mainly nervous that it just isn't going to work! I have a lot of self determination, I just don't want another "diet" failed. I am going into this looking at it not so much as a diet but as a whole new life style change. I do have confidence that this will work but there is definitely always a little doubt.

I guess I'm just looking for the support from people who have experienced this. I almost feel at the doctors office it is all sales and there just telling me what I want and need to hear. I want to know the negative side of things. The worst things about lap-band if you will.

I am also sooo nervous about having lots of loose skin! I am 22 and am currently 252 lbs at 5'9. I want to lose anywhere from 80-100 lbs. The doctors and nurses have said that because of my age my skin will have more elasticity... however I feel like it is more of a selling tactic then the actual truth.

What have you experienced with you skin and the transformation your bosy has gone through?

Bek...don't worry about the end result...work on getting healthy and along with weight loss will come a new found confidence.

I am 5'7" (a little shy of that) and started this journey at 249#. I am a little below goal and have a flat tummy and minimal loose skin. I am 53 yrs old and came out of it all just fine. The only thing I notice is a little sagging of the upper thigh. My DH is the only one that sees that and if there ever is a complaint by him........he just won't go there anymore!!!!!! (BTW...he's been very supportive).

Hang in there. Do this for you. You have every chance of coming out of this with great results due to your age. Good luck to you!

You all are completely wonderful!

I cannot tell you how much it means to hear all of your positive words of encouragement! My surgery is set for March 12th and I am so excited for my new life to begin!

Best wishes to you all! I am so excited and proud of all of your accomplishments! You are my inspiration and am sooooo glad youare hear to listen!

:tt2: Thanks for everything!!