Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, its right at 11 p.m. and i am so sick @ my stomach right now i feel like putting a figure down my throat just to get rid of this feeling.

My mom made banana pudding tonight and i had a few tablespoons of it and about 2 hours after eating it, I starting feeling sick at my stomach and I feel like I am about to have the back yard runs but nothing is happening.

Do we as lapband patients have the dumping thing happen if we eat something to sweet like those who have had the bypass and is this what I am going through right now?

Dumping syndrome is caused by the "rerouting" of the intestines so no, lap band patients don't have that. Otherwise I have no idea why you feel ill.

Dumping syndrome is caused by the "rerouting" of the intestines so no, lap band patients don't have that. Otherwise I have no idea why you feel ill.

I should've known that, duh to myself. I may be getting some kind of stomach bug. I still feel sick at my stomach this morning and I bet you I woke up atleast 6 times last night. I never expelled anything or should I say I haven't as of yet. I sure do hope I get to feeling alot better soon. I have my appointment with the Nutritionist and the Exercise

Therapist in the morning and it is about a 2 hour drive to get there and I sure would HATE to have to drive that far feeling like I do.

Sorry I didn't get the email note that you responded....I hope by now you're feeling way better. I think it's easy to forget that, once we have the band, we can still have digestion "issues" that aren't band related! Like catching a "bug" or eating something that disagrees with us.

My NP at my surgeon's office game me a prescription for phenergan so I wouldn't have to worry if something came along; you might want to ask for something like that.

Sorry I didn't get the email note that you responded....I hope by now you're feeling way better. I think it's easy to forget that, once we have the band, we can still have digestion "issues" that aren't band related! Like catching a "bug" or eating something that disagrees with us.

My NP at my surgeon's office game me a prescription for phenergan so I wouldn't have to worry if something came along; you might want to ask for something like that.

I am feeling alot better now. As for the phenergan, my surgeon gave me a prescription for it before I even had my band put in. I never took the first one until the other night and when I went to get it (out of the medicine cabniet in the bathroom) I only had one pill to take. I looked on the bottle to see if that was all that he gave me but on the bottle it said 30. Someone has been getting my phenergan and either taking them or selling them or something. I think I know who did it. My step son. He has stolen things from me before but this would be the first time it has been medicine. Hopefully, I wont have to worry about taking anymore or being sick at my stomach again.