Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you maintained goal?

How long have you maintained your goal weight  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long have you maintained your goal weight

• less than a year
    • 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 3 years
    • 5+ years
    • i've had difficulty maintaining goal
    • i've regained a lot

After reaching goal, how long have you maintained it (give or take a few pounds)?

I'm not exactly sure, I never "called goal". I just gradually slowed then stopped losing. I think I've been this weight for over 18 months now, I've never gotten more than 3lb away from it.

I havent changed a single thing, what I do now to maintain is exactly what I did to lose. I still have lots of room to "go on a diet" though, lol, I eat plenty. I exercise a lot too.

I never reached my goal. I wanted to get to 150. I started at 256. The lowest I've been is 162 and I am currently 172( I am 5'8'). I have had my band for 4 yrs. I go to the gym daily and exercise for 2 hrs. I go a combo of weights and cardio. I just can't kick the extra weight. My dr says this is where my body wants to be. It is very frustrating though. No matter how much I exercise and how well I eat, I can't lose weight!!

I never reached my goal. I wanted to get to 150. I started at 256. The lowest I've been is 162 and I am currently 172( I am 5'8'). I have had my band for 4 yrs. I go to the gym daily and exercise for 2 hrs. I go a combo of weights and cardio. I just can't kick the extra weight. My dr says this is where my body wants to be. It is very frustrating though. No matter how much I exercise and how well I eat, I can't lose weight!!

This may sound like a silly question but do you have any loose skin? Depending on that; it's possible that some of your excess weight isn't FAT...but skin.

Also if you exercise so much, you have muscle and it is more dense than fat. (people say muscle weighs more and that isn't true...a pound is a pound is a pound....but it takes less muscle to make a pound than fat) The caliper test will tell you about your muscles, and the other could actually be skin.

Either way I think you've done amazingly well! :confused:

I maintained from April until August when I put 10 lbs back on. I was in Arizona in August selling all of my dad's things and getting his house ready to be put on the market. Ice cream (Cold Stone to be exact,) just sounded so good when it was over 100 outside and I was under so much stress.

Since then, I am up and down 10 lbs but I can't seem to keep that 10 off and stay there. I had it off right before Christmas, but now I am working on taking it back off again.

I should add though, that I have zero restriction and my dr will not let me have a fill because of some band issues I was having when he made me take out 1/3 of my fill.

I exercise 6 days a week though, and had a great NSV yesterday when some guy asked me how I got my legs so toned.

Me too. That's why I never called goal! At 154lb and 5ft 10, I'm a perfectly healthy weight for my height and fit into a US size 8-10. But I wanted to be in the 140's - yet I'm really not sure if residual flab is loose skin or whether I still ahve fat to lose. I've seen pics of that true loose skin and I suspect what I have is fat with a bit of loose skin. I'm naturally quite a thin body type and I suspect my body fat percentage is still a bit high, despite lots of running and strength training.

But I'm 41. I dont want to look gaunt and old either, so I've just been happy to stay where I am.

It's comforting to know others have the same issue!!I do know that I have a lot of extra skin. My dr told me he could feel a 6 pack! I just have the extra skin over it. I am 28 and plan on getting pregnant very soon, so they told me to wait on a Tummy Tuck until I am done having kids. The dr also told me that if all the extra skin was removed, I would most likely weigh about 10 lbs less.. so I guess that puts me almost at my goal weight!