Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEB 3rd!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

:biggrin:

Okay so I am SO excited!! I have been jumping through insurance hoops since Aug. and I have been approved and surgery is going to be FEB 3RD!!!! I could not be more excited/nervous. I am so excited to start my new life but, I am also so nervous because I have never had surgery!!

I am also suprised that I do not have a pre-diet. I have heard people having like two weeks of liquid diets before surgery. My doctor just wants me to do a low fat, high Protein diet.

I hope to hear from some of yall that have surgery the same day as me or in Feb!!

Goodluck to all of yall!! :thumbup:

hi, I'm having lapband surgery on Feb. 3rd as well. I am on that two week Optifast diet :thumbup:. Its not THAT bad but I sure wouldn't want to have to be on it any longer than the two weeks. I get to add two cups veggies and clear fluids such as tea or coffee. What kinds of things are you eating for this two weeks?

Congrats on your Feb 3rd band date!!! I do not have to do a pre diet! I just have to do low fat and nothing after midnight on the night before surgery!! Are you starting to get nervous becaue I am!! lol!!

congrats on your surgery date!! i am being banded the day before you, on feb. 2nd.. i am nervous too bcs i have never had surgery either! good luck with everything..

Whohoooo.... I too amd being banded on the 3rd.. My diet is low fat/carb high Protein diet as well. I''m getting really excited and nervous at the same time. In just 5 days we will be in bandland... whohooo!!!

I didn't think I was going to survive on this Optifast stuff, but as time goes on I've found I don't mind it at all. I can't say I've even felt hunger this past two weeks, however, my family ordered pizza tonight and yipes that was VERY hard to say no to!!!!!

I cannot wait for all of us to be in bandland!! I am so excited but, I have to be honest--my nerves are going EVERYWHERE!! I am soooo scared to be put to sleep lol! Which I know that is a very common fear! I am going to be screaming for that calming medicine in my IV as soon as I get there lol!! Goodluck yall!!

This is neat to have a Feb 3rd Thread - I am on the liquid diet which is more strict then the liquid diet after the surgery. Oh well, I only have a couple more days and the magic starts. I am sure we will be on this site this week after we get home. Would love to know how everyone is feeling - want to compare...

Good Luck to everyone!!!!:thumbup:

I have to be at the hospital at 6am tomorrow.. I'm not nervous at all.. I really feel this is a good thing and can't wait to start this portion of my life. This is going to be the year of the shrinking me.

Good Luck to all us Feb. 3rd bansters... Tam

Hey congratulations on your surgery date tomorrow. I hope you are not TOO nervous. No need to be. I had mine 13 months ago and had absolutely NO complications. I know you are looking forward to your new life and new body. Again, congrats and good luck!!!!

I cannot believe in less than 24 hours I will be in Bandland!! haha!! I have to be at the hospital at 10:00 am and surgery will be around 11:30!! Good luck to yall being band tomorrow and also to everyone else on their upcoming surgeries!! Lets keep each other posted please!!!

Good Luck today Feb 3rd's!! I got banded yesterday and the encouragement was really nice . . . so, take care - and it's not so bad actually, the post op stuff that is. Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Wendy

Congrats to all you early Feb:thumbup: hope all is going well I have 22 days to go very excited Make sure to keep everyone posted next couple of days so we know what to expect

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches