Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Canada.

Hi,

I got approved for $10K, in Toronto, Canada, is there any surgeon out there that would do the lap band procedure for this amount?

Any help would be really very highly appreciated

Thanks

Hey there,

I haven't seen the proceedure done for less than 15 Grand. My surgery was done in TO by the Chief of Surgery. The fills afterwards and checkups are free for life.

I don't remember....but the total was $15 000.00, a protion goes for the downpayment, then to the hospital and finally to the surgeon.

I paid $18,000 total in Toronto.

Thanks, I hope some one can help me make this decision, if some one has got it done for lower, please do let me know. Thanks

The only place I know where it can be done under $10K is Mexico. My X had it done by Ortiz, and the facility, care and surgery was outstanding.

I did it here in Canada, paid $14K - flat tax in etc.

DBK

Hi,

could you please share the doctor you used in canada, and the province/city clinic name?

Also was your wife's surgery in Mexico financed? If yes financed by which company?

My surgeon Dr. Kirshenbaum in Colorado does it for $9950 which includes postop care and fills for 3 months. After that fills are $15. It was a great price for me because I was worried about how much after care would be here in the U.S. if I got the band in Mexico. Not much different than your $10,000 in Canada, but I thought I would mention it. He doesn't take insurance but he does work with someone to finance, so it is pretty decent for self pay patients. here is his website http://www.lapbandrockies.com/

Hi,

could you please share the doctor you used in canada, and the province/city clinic name?

Also was your wife's surgery in Mexico financed? If yes financed by which company?

If you read my post, you will see the surgeons name and location. Both my wife and I paid cash for the surgery. There was no coverage by insurance companies and fortunately, we did not have to finance. If you want to do it in Canada, use the $10K loan, and use cash to pay for the rest.

I used Dr. Lancelot Tin, Chief of Surgery Credit Valley Hospital in Toronto. He is on-line also affiliated with Toronto Cosmetic Clinic I think.