Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I start over ???

Ok so I haven't posted in quite awhile due to disgust at myself. Its time for me to come clean and ask for help. Over the last year I have been holding my own with no loss but no gain until recently. I'm sure I need a fill but due to the economy and my business teetering on the brink of closure, I just don't have the funds to travel, let alone get fill. I'm sure my pouch has been stretched to a certain extent but I'm wondering can I start over. There's been days that I tell myself I'm going on liquids then I find myself eating something I really shouldn't. I've fallen into the old habits of diet soda, coffee with cream and sugar, a glass of wine at dinner etc. I really can't afford to go to a doctor so I'm asking for you opinions, and suggestions to get me back on track.

I'm sorry you're in such a bad place financially, but I really think that unless you just want to pretend you don't have the band and do a program like weight watchers, you really need to go get checked to make sure you're still in good shape (no stretching, no slippage etc) and get a fill (or two). You spent time at least, and possibly money, to GET the band; now you need to maintain it.

Otherwise, just a formal diet is my best plan. They don't work for me, at least not long term, but maybe one could work for you for a few months and then maybe the funds would be there for your medical care!

Good luck!

Your right I did spend time and money as I was self pay. The real bummer is the local band Dr. wants 2000 bucks up front for care. Which right now might as well be a million. Praying that the new year will turn things around. I was checked out 3 months ago and had no slip then, so I'm guessing that is still the case. I just have no restriction unless of course I eat to fast, things get stuck. I'd like to find some sort of support group near my home. But for now I'm turning to LBT for the support to help me get on track. Thanks for listening.

hi have you check around for fill clinics, check out fill centers usa. maybe you can fine one in your area.sorry you are going through a tough time.hope this new year bring you the best.sil

why don't you check out this thread:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/starting-holiday-detox-early-anyone-wanna-join-me-84070/

there are many of us that just needed to get back on track after the holidays or just in general. there are those from every stage of being banded from a few months to a few yrs.

i personally thought i needed a fill after what i was able to eat in the month of december with parties & Snacks. after 4 days, i realized i just needed to get back to the basics and my meal consumption has gotten back on track.

i wish you well!

Thanks for the sites. I'm starting the pouch test tomorrow. I'd never heard of it, but I'm going to give it a try. As for the fill centers the nearest one to me is a 5 hour drive one way and that's with good road conditions, which right now the Spokane area has been slammed with a 63 in total of snow, so no mountain pass driving for me. I did try another, twice, that was a little farther but a easier drive, they were unable to find my port and don't have flouro. I know a lot of my problems with eating is caused from the stress I'm under. I'm counting on all my LBT friends to help me over this and get me back on track.

Your story could be my story, so I empathize. I think you can definitely get back on track and the pouch test is a great start!!!

Also, please feel free to join the "I have failed my band-SUPPORT GROUP" if you want a place to post daily, get feedback from other strugglers and support others as well, along the way. We would love to see you there.

Wishing you the best on this journey!!!

Ok so I've started the pouch test, so far so good. I'm callling it my awakening process. As long as I stay away from the kitchen I can get through this. I am determined. Thanks All.

Hi Kaelin. How did the pouch test go? A few ladies from my LBT support group did it and got back on track.

I was doing great losing 2 - 3 pounds per week, then hit a plateau about a month ago. One of the ladies told me to figure out my BMR and how many calories I should be hitting each day. The first week I followed the formula, I lost two pounds. The closer I get to my goal, the slower the weight is coming off. However, this formula helps me so much I thought I would share it with you. Sorry if this is repetitive for you!

You could figure out what your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is and then go from there. Your BMR figures the calories you burn at your weight, height, and age just by being alive.

Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )

Then if you wanted you could use the following formula to determine how many calories you should take in to maintain your current weight. Then subtract 500 calories per pound of weight you would like to loose per week. So for example if you want to loose 2 pounds per week, you would subtract 1000 calories. Keeping in mind that you shouldn't subtract more than a 1000 calories from your maitenance number simply because it isn't healthy.

Harris Benedict FormulaTo determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

1. If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
  2. If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
  3. If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
  4. If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
  5. If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Regarding fill doctors and costs - have you contact Jonathan Spitz at the Rockwoo Clinic? I haven't needed a fill since July (went to Richland for $135), so I haven't phoned them yet. I do know he was accepting new patients a few weeks ago. The number is 838-2531.

Hope this helps and you're doing better!

Cubs Girl, thanks for the info. Very helpful.

I'm in the same boat i am 4 months post op, i love 15 lbs the first 2 weeks and after that i yo-yo'ed for the next 2 months despite eating right. so, now I'm doing weight watchers, I considered going back in to surgery and getting bypass, but I need to be good and do it myself. Carbs are the worst enemy I have ever had. SoI'm going to try the pouch test as well to see how it goes....thanks girls.

Thanks so much for the info. Yes, I did the pouch test and I'm now back on track. I'm down 6 lbs. I do well using the fitday website. I have to keep track of carbs and the site really helps.

im starting the pouch test today... wish me luck!

Good luck tlam! Keep us posted on your progress :tt2: