Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. Just wanted to share my fill experiences with you. I have a 10 cc band.

My surgeon put 2 cc's in at the time of my surgery. (Sept. 19, 2008)

First fill was Oct. 24th. They took out 1.8 cc's to check (normal that it was a tiny bit less she said), put it back in, and added 1.5 cc's (total - 3.1 cc's) I felt NO restriction after this fill - not even RIGHT after.

Second fill was Nov. 20th. They added 1.5 cc's. (total 4.6 cc's) Still felt NO restriction after this fill - not even right after. Felt a tiny bit after about 2 weeks, but not much. Could still eat anything I wanted... but didn't.

Third fill was Dec. 18th. They added 1.3. (total 5.9 cc's) Oh boy is this one different!!! I was on liquids for a day, but when I moved to soft foods/mushies on the second day, I could feel a big difference. Been on solids for 2 days now and I am not very hungry, get full fast, and don't get hungry between meals. :thumbup: Finally. Just in time for holiday temptations. Have my fingers crossed that it will last. I may not be at my sweet spot, but I know I am much closer.

NOW... my tip for the newly banded and anyone without restriction yet. Practice taking small bites, chewing lots, and eating slowly. Before this fill, I KINDA, SORTA, SOMETIMES practiced the little bites and the chewing, chewing, chewing, but I didn't eat slowly - I knew I didn't have to do any of these things because I had no restriction. Well now I HAVE to take the tiny bites, chew a LOT, and eat VERY SLOWLY. My band has spoken!!!! I have had some PBing incidences even though I was taking very small bites and chewing them up well because I was not eating slow enough. A couple of those will slow you down - that's for sure!!! I don't have to choose whether to follow the rules or not now - I HAVE TO.... and that is ok... certainly worth it!!

Good luck to you all and Happy Holidays!!!!

Becky

Edited by MissBS

It was great to read about your "fill" experience. It sounds like you have reached that "sweet spot" I hear so much about!

I was banded 11/5/08 and had my 1st fill last week. Doc took 2cc's out ( I was surprised there was that much from operation) and put back a total of 4cc's (have an 8cc band). I think I had as much restriction before this fill?? I am feeling hungry between meals and just don't feel that much restriction at all. Doc said I should feel like did right after surgery - definitely don't feel that kind of restriction.

My next fill isn't scheduled until mid Feb 09 - seems like a long time away - how long did you need to wait until 2nd fill?

Good luck to you! I'm down 41 pounds since two weeks prior to surgery - would really like to keep this losing streak going!!

Hi mom. Wow - you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work. My first fill was Oct. 24, second Nov. 20, and third Dec 18. They were just about a month apart. The "Post Adjustment" paperwork from my surgeon states, "You need ample time to adjust to your new Fluid level. Please understand that we cannot add fluid for the next 2 weeks." Each time I have gone, they have told me to come back in a month. I do have to fly from Albuquerque NM to Houston TX for each fill, so I really couldn't go more than once a month... $$$$ Becky

Thanks Miss. It is good to hear a positive fill experience. My first fill is next week. I'm somewhat apprehensive, but am so tired of being hungry. Thanks also for the tip on eating slowly. I remember being told about the small bites and chewing, but don't remember anything about speed. Makes sense when you think about it.

I just had my 2nd fill 2 days ago. Now I have 4ccs in my 10cc band. I'm not feeling much restriction if any at all.

:thumbup:

Although, I'm really proud I handled myself well. I am a bit of a needle weenie. The first one:It was no more than a bee sting and some moving the port around to get in the middle.

This one: bee sting, found it, added and over. :thumbup:

Try not to be too nervous, b/c I'm a big needle freak and I handled it.

Sounds like you're where I wanna be :thumbup: I'm at my third fill, but only at 3.5 ccs (approximately). I have had to learn to slow down. That is such a difficult concept, especially with three kids :thumbup: You Rock Becky. I miss hearing from you.

Teri

I just had my 2nd fill two days ago. I'm afraid to push it to see if I have restriction. First day I did liquids and was fine not hungry till 2nd day around 11am. I ate onion Soup no problem with 2 crackers and was satisfied. I had a little home fried potatoes n onions with creammed chip beef about a cup full, more than enough!

I have never had a fill in the dr's office, we went to the surgery center twice now to do the fill under fluro. Does anyone have any clue why that would be??

i had my surgery june30th just had my second fill he put 2 cc first one he put 2.5cc but he said i lost 1cc so i only have 3.5cc but ive lost 30 pounds since surgery last appt in oct he didnt give me a fill and he was suprised i lost 9 pounds so yesterday he gave me 2 cc i dont go back till march 31st woke up this morning i lost 2 pounds