Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chat room - are newbies allowed to chat?

Everytime I try to go in the chat room, there are certain people talking as if no one is there I have watched other people come in, say hello, and leave after a few minutes of not being able to get in on the conversation ... if I am wrong then I will own that .... has anyone else noticed that?:smile:

Hey sweetie! One thing to think about with the chat sometimes people log in and let it sit open on their computer when they walk away. I hope they aren't really ignoring you!

You are more than welcome in the room!

Hugs

B

Thank you BBK, it seems everyone is nice and may not be doing it intentionally, it is just hard to get in as the conversations seem to be people who have know each other a while. By the way, your success is remarkable.

It also complicates things, needtosee, that most everybody has a different "speed" internet connection. Some folks can type and post quick......sometimes when I type and hit enter, 6 other sentences can jump ahead of mine. Makes it difficult to follow a conversation.

That makes sense ... so many people at once, my speed is ridiculous I don't even know why my husband is a techy, but you are right perhaps that is it so many people posting maybe it's hard to moderate all of that activity ... one chat is mega busy while the other one is a ghost town ... that you so much for responding.

there are issues with the chat room right now -to log in do the following (btw- nobody ignores people it just means that the people logged in are away- there is a green dot next to name that indicated they are there- if it is red or orange they are away)

Most people are in late afternoon (6pm est) there are a group of people that come in around 10am est

look forward to seeing you- I am there most every night...

anyone trying to get into the chat room tonight... log out at the top right... then don't log back on there.... click on chat... then it will ask you to log on there.... do that --- it takes a few mins but you can get in....

Don't know why we have to do it this way but it works... hope to see you guys in there....

I spend a lot of time in the chat room and I talk to everyone. However, if someone is just sitting there like a bump on a log I don't go out of my way to extract information. I'm there to chill, talk, and answer band questions...not interrogate n00bs :crying:

needstosee- I havent seen u in chat... come in everyone is uber friendly...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches