Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm filled but unsatisfied....HELP!

I just had my very first fill yesterday which took all of 5 minutes surprisingly. I didn't feel any different at the time except for temporary acid reflux. I did the clear liquid thing yesterday and today I'm doing my soft mushies. I ate a 1/2 cup of cream of wheat for Breakfast and 2 hours later I was HUNGRY!! I tried to put it off until I couldn't take it anymore so I had a snack of a mushed up boiled egg (no mayo). That lasted about an hour. When I do eat the 1/2 cup and what not, I don't feel total restriction. Is there something wrong with me. I am now counting down the minutes to lunch and going crazy waiting. I don't want to push it and overeat but I hate this feeling that I have. Any advice? Is it all in my head? HELP ME!!:shades_smile:

I just had my very first fill yesterday which took all of 5 minutes surprisingly. I didn't feel any different at the time except for temporary acid reflux. I did the clear liquid thing yesterday and today I'm doing my soft mushies. I ate a 1/2 cup of cream of wheat for breakfast and 2 hours later I was HUNGRY!! I tried to put it off until I couldn't take it anymore so I had a snack of a mushed up boiled egg (no mayo). That lasted about an hour. When I do eat the 1/2 cup and what not, I don't feel total restriction. Is there something wrong with me. I am now counting down the minutes to lunch and going crazy waiting. I don't want to push it and overeat but I hate this feeling that I have. Any advice? Is it all in my head? HELP ME!!:shades_smile:

First off dont panic,second here are a few "rules" about fills .

1. Fills can take up to 2 weeks to "kick" in .

2. Not everyone achieves restriction on their first fill.

do you know what size band you have ?

3. I find it best NOT to wait until your totally starving to eat.

the reason is when you DO get restriction that can get you into trouble , meaning allow you to eat too fast, not chew your food then you end up stuck .

SO over all your "Normal" lol . But give the fill some time.

if after 2-3 weeks you still feel nothing i would call the doc and tell them to fill ya up again !

HTH

Mindy

My nutritionis said that until I get good restriction (I haven't been filled yet) to eat 3 small meals and 3 -4 small Snacks a day. Just start having some healthy snacks between meals - yogurt, nuts, cheese, fruit etc... She said that eventually I won't be hungry enough to eat between meals but for now - it's OK.

My nutritionis said that until I get good restriction (I haven't been filled yet) to eat 3 small meals and 3 -4 small Snacks a day. Just start having some healthy Snacks between meals - yogurt, nuts, cheese, fruit etc... She said that eventually I won't be hungry enough to eat between meals but for now - it's OK.

Some nuts/ docs do not allow snacks. Mine does. But if you do eat snacks one of the keys to keeping you "full" or to help keep you full between meals is Protein Protein PROTEIN !!

If you have a snack make sure it contains something w/ quite a bit of protein .

Good luck !

It took me until my third fill to really feel much restriction. They can't do it all at once so just do the best you can and practice all of the band rules in the mean time!

It wasn't until my third fill that I felt significant restriction. Each fill helped, but I could really tell the difference after fill number three.

Thank you so much cottonwade, glorybee, lfein and kiz. With all the training you go through prior to the actual surgery, it's hard to remember everything and I needed a reminder. Cottonwade, you are truly an inspiration and so knowledgeable. I was never told that the fill can take some time to kick in. My doctor does the first fill under fluroscopy so he can see exactly how much fluid/restriction he put in so I assumed that it was efficient and that would be the sweet spot. Wishful thinking I guess. I love the learning and growing with this new "tool" that I have. I know there will be times that I hate it too but through the ups and downs, I don't regret my decision to get this done for ME. I need to practice patience and know that this will only help me. Thanks for all your thoughts. Have a great weekend!!!:ohmy:

my first fill was 2.5cc second he didnt give me a fill said i had some restriction now 8 weeks later i have another appt for fill i lost 28 pounds since surgery some most of it was will power i cant wait to feel real restriction

Thank you so much cottonwade, glorybee, lfein and kiz. With all the training you go through prior to the actual surgery, it's hard to remember everything and I needed a reminder. Cottonwade, you are truly an inspiration and so knowledgeable. I was never told that the fill can take some time to kick in. My doctor does the first fill under fluroscopy so he can see exactly how much fluid/restriction he put in so I assumed that it was efficient and that would be the sweet spot. Wishful thinking I guess. I love the learning and growing with this new "tool" that I have. I know there will be times that I hate it too but through the ups and downs, I don't regret my decision to get this done for ME. I need to practice patience and know that this will only help me. Thanks for all your thoughts. Have a great weekend!!!:huh2:

All of my fills have been under flouro w/ the exception of the last few . The Flouro does not guarantee a sweet spot or that you wont be filled to the point that you wont be too tight.

I have had more unfills than fills because i am sensitive to fills. However at the time of my fills the flouro does not show that . The flouro will show if your SO tight that your cut off or cant get anything down. Its a tool basically . Its not a guarantee. For some reason a lot of docs do not tell patients fills can take time to kick in . My doc told me the first fill it can take up to 2 weeks . At first , until restriction , it does take some patients. hang in there it will come !

Mindy

my first fill was 2.5cc second he didnt give me a fill said i had some restriction now 8 weeks later i have another appt for fill i lost 28 pounds since surgery some most of it was will power i cant wait to feel real restriction

For the most part, until you get restriction its will power. Something else that is not well known until after your banded. Or its what people call Bandster hell !

Mindy