Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ (& Others) Nov/Dec 2008 Chat

Ok I started one for November but, we could probably keep the same one through December since we don't use up as much space anymore huh? So I've made it the NOV/DEC chat

I was a smart alec and added (& Others) to the name is more than half of us aren't from NJ hahaha.

85 Degrees BETTY? I'm jealous! We did a charity run with the Blue Knights in our area today. It was freaking 38 degrees when we got on the bike and it's now 2:36pm we just got home and it's a balmy 43.3 degrees. burrrrr. I have a hot cocoa in hand just stripped out of my 6 layers of clothing and I'm still freezin my hiney off. That's it I'm done unless it gets over 50 degrees. burrrrrrr

I didn't do any chores yesterday besides dishes or today because of the Charity Toy run and I'm not going to either. That's right...I'm being lazy today after all that riding. I'll pay for it tomorrow though YUCK.

Anyone making anything yummy for dinner? I'm clueless on what to make here. I don't feel like cooking but, we're all home so I'm guessing I"m going to have to. I'm going to have to wing it I guess. Just not sure what to do yet.

I'm going to go search around the threads. There is a new format coming to LBT and I really like it. I think you all will like it too. Have you been in the chat at all lately? That's really nice now. I like it alot...so much easier to read.

Hugs

jersey girl here! From South Jersey near the cherry hill area! Nice to see a thread for local stuff! Hope this helps for a dinner idea... I'm having chicken breast cut up in little pieces with "cheesy Taco" seasoning (near the taco powders in the store) with some ff refried Beans and ff sour cream! Protein it up! Its one of my high protein faves!

I was a smart alec and added (& Others) to the name is more than half of us aren't from NJ hahaha.

85 Degrees BETTY? I'm jealous! We did a charity run with the Blue Knights in our area today. It was freaking 38 degrees when we got on the bike and it's now 2:36pm we just got home and it's a balmy 43.3 degrees. burrrrr. I have a hot cocoa in hand just stripped out of my 6 layers of clothing and I'm still freezin my hiney off. That's it I'm done unless it gets over 50 degrees. burrrrrrr

I didn't do any chores yesterday besides dishes or today because of the Charity Toy run and I'm not going to either. That's right...I'm being lazy today after all that riding. I'll pay for it tomorrow though YUCK.

Anyone making anything yummy for dinner? I'm clueless on what to make here. I don't feel like cooking but, we're all home so I'm guessing I"m going to have to. I'm going to have to wing it I guess. Just not sure what to do yet.

I'm going to go search around the threads. There is a new format coming to LBT and I really like it. I think you all will like it too. Have you been in the chat at all lately? That's really nice now. I like it alot...so much easier to read.

Hugs

Hi Sherry! I have a question for the crockpot Queen... The last few times I have done a chuck roast or Pork roast in my crockpot, it never quite reaches that falling apart stage even though its been in there all day or at least 8 hours with at least 1/2 of that time on "high". The pot gets hot enough...but maybe I'm missing something and its not consistent. Think I need a new one? :cool2:

Thanks for starting the thread, Sherry. I never can remember to go to the new month!!!

Well, my halloween bandiversary came and went without fanfare! A year ago I thought that I'd be fan-tas-tic looking by this time :cool2: I must have spent too much time on the before and after pics page, LOL!

I don't seem to have the "drive" that I used to have in my 30's & 40's. Now in my 50's (with another birthday just a day away) I just feel kinda tired most days. Go for a walk or exercise? ugh *sigh*

And yet, that's all that's gonna change things (weight wise). True confessions: Was so happy with the weight I'd lost...I bought some new clothes, gave away almost all of the old clothes....and then got complacent (sp?). I knew what not to eat, but ate it anyway.

I saw the scale move in the wrong direction, OUCH! I have to figure out how to straighten my act up or I'll ....I'll.... get bigger!!!

Thinking of y'all tonight.

Hi All... Happy November!

Sherry...Thanks so much for the new thread... and especially for the link as I would have surely kept posting in October. :smile2:

Diane... ((((Hugs)))) I know how ya feel... I don't Celebrate my bandiversary anymore... gave up birthdays too...lol. Hang in there... I think there are many bandsters that struggle and feel embarassed that having the Lap Band is just not enough. Maybe getting a fill is the answer... maybe getting back to bandster rules is the answer...perhaps exercise (EWWWW) :mellow: ... but hey... having a little support sure can't hurt so here we are. :thumbup:

Betty,

In regards to Alli... I think it is over-priced to say the least but it has worked well for me so far. Xenical wasn't very popular due to it's "explosive" side effects and so I think the reduction in strength for the OTC version is welcomed. Adults just don't seem to enjoy pooping in their britches. :cool2: Alli is merely blocking fat absorption when taken with a meal... no magic. I think if one is able to stick to a lowfat diet and lose weight why pay the extra unless you just really want that small % more weight-loss. I personally need the extra help right now as I am having difficulty controlling myself and so it is a bit like damage control. I am not planning to take it long-term but it is working really well to put the breaks on the gaining and turn me around in the other direction.

Hafta go... my sister needs help cleaning out her garage and I need the exercise. :w00t:

(((Hugs)))

happy belated birthday Diane!!! Dont get so down on yourself!! I think we all hit a wall at some point and we dont know what else to do. this is the reason most of us got the band in the first place. The band works great but after awhile we get to comfortable with it and we know how to work around it. its very easy to work around it when you are not at your good restriction fill. at the beginning the band is new and I know I was afraid to break it. I still have that fear but I think we dont think as much about it as we did in the beginning. I read a thread the other day about this 5 day pouch test - or something like that - and it seems like a really good idea to get back on track with the bandster rules. I am definitely looking at trying it if when I weigh myself on thursday and im still stuck at the same spot.

good luck to all of us on this rollercoaster ride that is life!!!

Hi everyone!

Happy November! I can't believe it is November already. Only 51 days till Christmas.

I just can't wait for 2009 cause than I can say my hubby will be home this year, not next year, like now. He is coming home for 2 weeks R&R in February, so I am very excited about that. I have 3 full months to lose more weight. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by Feb, but I am not sure if I can. I just would have to be very very strict, which for the most part I am. I have never gone off Bandster rules. I just have to remember to exercise and drink fluids.

Has anyone ever listened to www.pandora.com? You can put in your favorite artist/music and they play all music in that genre. It is so cool, I am listening to my absolute fave cutie Andy Gibb!!! Oh how I loved him!!

michaele you are doing fabulous and im sure you will hit your Feb goal and your hubby will be sooo excited to see you!

I use to listen to pandora at work and then they went and blocked the site so now I just download a bunch of my CDs and listen to those.

Happy Birthday Diane...again! (We celebrated Diane's birthday at Red Lobster with Soup and salad.....and a liquid toast..or two).

Sounds like hubby treated you to a great birthday.

Jetti, so well said! I know I'm due for a fill, I haven't spit in days. What a strange band I have. Some days I can't eat ice cream, (very few), and other days, like yesterday, I ate fish and didn't have a problem.

Speaking of fish, I baked Rockfish last night, it was so good. Then hubby went out back and caught two more big ones. I guess we'll be having fish again this week.

Hugs all.....don't forget to vote.

LOL Pat... how could anyone forget to vote... anything to make all of the Ads stop!!!! :tongue:

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Y'all!

The leaves are all falling off the trees, and I guess I have to believe winter is right around the corner. I am not looking forward to that at all!

Yesterday we had a front go through and it had some really high winds. Needless to say a ton of leaves went right into the pool. I was lucky to get home when I did as I didn't want it to burn up the motor from getting stopped up. I actually had to pry the leaves out of the skimmer. Then I tried to get some off the bottom and after about 10 or 15 pool sweeper bags, my new girls let me know I shouldn't be doing that. I ended up turning off the pool and I am just going to let DH do it this weekend.

I am glad the election is over and things can get back to normal. I was sick of all the bull crap and all the commercials. they need to take all the money they spend on ads and flights etc. and help out the people. What a waste of money!

Well, going to post this before I lose it again.