Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there...I saw your post this morning and just wanted to say hello. I am local...live in Pleasanton, work in Newark, so I just had to look you up as it's nice to see a local on these boards. I don't have much information to offer you as I'm in the very beginning stages of WLS and don't have Kaiser. But I can send happy thoughts your way and would love to keep in touch along the way. Have a wonderful day!

That sounds great it is always fun to go through things with other people going through the same thing I am also at the very beinging of my wls journey and cant not wait untle the end Hope to chat with you soon

I am going through the process in South San Francisco. I had hoped to be referred to Kaiser Fremont since I am coming from Gilroy and I think its closer and easier to get to but oh well...

I am curious how the facilities differ. I am really amazed at how different each facility seems to run the program.

So far I have done the orientation, sleep study, Nutritionist apt... next I am going to meet with the MD director and she will discuss how much I need to lose. I am told its usually around 20%. I am hoping to combine that visit with the Psych visit.

Have you done any of your apts yet?

I am unsure I am hearing the richmond is the best or fastest I am waiting right know for the baratic clinic to call me for my first orint. I have my apnea scheduled my pysic scheduled and my Nutri. done I just got my referreal for the clinic I have an orintainion on wls next month as well rule never miss appointment I start this last year and change my mind telling myself I could do this on my own I realliezd I cant at decided this was the answer so I missed My first of all the appts. and I had to get new refferals to apnea ans psyic to 3 months to reschedule so my new rule is do not miss appointments

Hello,

I just wanted to see if you have received any feedback from anyone who has gone through the process at Kaiser Fremont? I am in the beginning process and have completed my psychiatric appointment just this past week in Tracy. I will have my surgery completed at the Kaiser Fremont facility but wanted to know what the entire process entails. What other steps will come after the psych? and how long before the surgery takes place? How much weight do they expect you to lose on your own? Hope to chat with you soon!

-Jovan:rolleyes2:

I have recieved my bypass orientation, it is on Nov 9 at 2 and that is as far as I have come. I guess after that I will meet with the director of bariatrics to see if I can get in. then We will see from there so for me the month of Nov. is realy busy I have psyi, obgyn,2 orientations for WLS so I am just hoping and praying it all goes well they want me to lose 20 to 25 pounds before surgery make sure your refferral is in the fremont and after your dr. tells you it is in call them everyday it took me a week from refferal to get my orientation, but Kaiser has you do a lot in order to recieve the surgery EKG, TREADMILL, LABS (i have done two already) and I know there is more more psyic and Nuti and weekly to monthly meetings unsure

Edited by sadtobefat

Hi sadtobefat-How did your orientation go? I have an overview in Pleasanton next week. Not too sure of the process at Kaiser. When do they schedule the other appointments--like psych, dietitian and so on??? My primary doctor is in Pleasanton, but I live in Fremont.

Hi sadtobefat-How did your orientation go? I have an overview in Pleasanton next week. Not too sure of the process at Kaiser. When do they schedule the other appointments--like psych, dietitian and so on??? My primary doctor is in Pleasanton, but I live in Fremont.

Hi Delores,

Are you going to Valley Care in Pleasanton? I'm going to have my surgery there with Dr. Lee. So far, the process has gone very smoothly and they really make if as easy on the patient as possible. You can schedule all your appointments in one day and can even do your ed classes over the phone. I'm a couple of days away from submitting to my insurance for approval and hopefully that will be smooth sailing as well. Love to hear from you!

Emily

My overview went great my orientation is on sunday and I can not wait will tell you all about it

I received a message from my doctor that I have to do my PAP before he can make any referrals. I found a web page on one of the bariatric surgeon’s page. I gives you the process, it looks very long. My overview went well. Just waiting now.

Hi, my name is Christine and I just got my Kaiser Fremont orientation appt so I have a lot of questions also. In the packet it says that getting this orientation is NOT an immediate approval but just a ticket to futher evaluation.

Hi C-

That is correct; there is still a committee that has to review your package. This includes all the labs, dietician, psyc eval and any other tests your PCP feels you need. You also have to lose about 10% of your weight before you are scheduled for surgery. Are you going to the 12/14 orientation?