Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about work????

So I am 3 days away from being banded and I was just Curious????

How long before everyone went back to work and what type of work do you do???? :thumbup:

Thanks

I was banded on Friday 8/29 and back at school (I'm a student) on 9/2 (Tues) ... but it would've been nice if I could've taken longer. I wasn't really sore etc but I only got Clear Liquids (no Protein Shakes even) the 1st week, and it was hard to focus. I didn't FEEL bad, but, shall we say, I wasn't firing on all pistons! LOL

Hi Brandie,

I had surgery on a Wednesday (8/27/08) and went back to work the following Tuesday. I would have probably gone back on Monday, but that was Labor Day. I am a CPA/auditor and had no problem going back to work 6 days post-op. I was a little wiped out after the first day back, but was back in the full swing of things by day #2. Hardly missed a beat!

Good luck to you. I had a VERY good experience with surgery (no pain at all) and I wish you the same.

I am a dog groomer .

I had surgery on a Wed and was approved to go back to work that Monday. I chose to take 7 days to baby myself. I do lift 40 to 40 lbs once in a while.

Good Luck,

edie

I work as a unit clerk on a busy surgical unit. I do a lot of sitting but I'm up and down and walking probably about six times an hour. I went back after 2 weeks and I wished I hadn't, my surgeon's PA told me to take off a month. I was so incredibly sore. My surgery was a little more complex and involved because my surgeon took 2 hours just to take down the adhesions from around my stomach. Recovery is totally individual. There was a man that had surgery the same day as me and he told me he was back to work 2 days later.

Realistically, I'd plan for a good week if you aren't anticipating any complications.

Brandie, I had my surgery 6/30/08, on a Monday, came home from the hospital 7/1/08, rested 7/2/08 and was back at work on 7/3/08. I work for a Police Department as a Police/Fire Dispatcher, so I have to do a lot of sitting and standing and walking and turning my body in various directions. I did experience some pain, but it wasn't unbearable. I actually walked to and from work for the first few days to try to help my body with all that air they pump into your abdomen. Good Luck with you surgery!!!

weight.png

I was banded 6/20 and took the whole week off. I am a buyer. The gas pain is what kept me down. But honestly I could have gone back after a couple of days.

Hey Brandie! Good luck!!

I work on a college campus and sit at a computer. I was banded on a Friday...(at home resting Sat, Sun, Mon. and half of Tuesday). I returned to work on Wednesday fulltime and was fine..but the anestesia didn't fully work out until 3 days later. lol...they say not to make big decisions even a week after a surgery because of that. I was able to focus better the following week.