Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! I was banded July 11, 2008. This is my first post. I have been using this website a lot to get information, but I am so frustrated that i finally need my own feedback. I had one fill almost a month after surgery on August 12. I have lost a total of 8 lbs throughout the entire thing! I know I dont have enough restriction and have scheduled another fill for next thursday.

I know I am being impatient, but I just feel so beaten down. I need to know it will happen eventually!!

bandedintexas

highest-220, current-212, goal-135

5'7

banded- 8/11/08

1st fill- 9/12/08

Edited by bandedintexas

I know how you feel. I was banded Jan 31, 2008. I was not able to get my first fill for 3mnths. I lost 10lbs the first month and then gained 5lbs back prior to getting a fill. I started getting fills in May. After the 3rd fill i have really began to lose weight. It was frustrating because my best friend got lap band in May and she has lost 34 lbs w/o a fill. Everyone is different. It just takes longer for some. But I know it is currently working for me. In the past 2mths I have lost 16lbs. Which looks and feels natural.

thanks! its really encouraging that yall are writing back. i just feel as if i have absolutely no restriction, and sometimes i forget i even have it!! i am still eating a lot less than all my super thin-model like friends, but im still STARVING. hopefully this fill will help and give me the kick start i need! thanks yall!

I was also banded on July 11th. As of this morning I have lost a total of 31 pounds. What frustrates me is the fact that I have been frantically counting calories and Protein points and working out like a big dog, and I am hungry. Why did I bother having lapband surgery if that is what it takes to move the scales?

This is my first time on this site. I'm truely frustrated. I was banded in June of "06" and as of today I have only lost 65lbs. I lost 50 of that in my first 6 months. The last time I went in for a fill he took some out instead. I went in because I felt like I could eat too much, when he asked what I was eating he said my band was too tight and I was eating the things I was eating because I could. I did go back and get a fill but now I feel like I have to lie about what I'm eating because I'm afraid he might loosen my band again. I know what my problem is, I eat candy (usually only a couple time a month) or other things I can eat that I shouldn't be eating because most things make me throw up. I don't hardly ever feel hungry, I just eat because I like to. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would appreciate anyone's input.

If you are eating foods that slide right through the band, because foods like chicken, tuna, fish, steak, etc are getting stuck, then your doc is right - the band is too tight. If you try to eat chicken and it gets stuck, make sure that you're taking tiny bites, it's in some kind of sauce (gravy, mayo, BBQ Sauce, etc) and chew, chew, chew. And take your time eating. Maybe that will help things not get stuck and maybe you'll see the scales start to move again. :biggrin:

This is my first time on this site. I'm truely frustrated. I was banded in June of "06" and as of today I have only lost 65lbs. I lost 50 of that in my first 6 months. The last time I went in for a fill he took some out instead. I went in because I felt like I could eat too much, when he asked what I was eating he said my band was too tight and I was eating the things I was eating because I could. I did go back and get a fill but now I feel like I have to lie about what I'm eating because I'm afraid he might loosen my band again. I know what my problem is, I eat candy (usually only a couple time a month) or other things I can eat that I shouldn't be eating because most things make me throw up. I don't hardly ever feel hungry, I just eat because I like to. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would appreciate anyone's input.

To the original poster - I get frustrated sometimes too...I was banded May 12th and to date have lost about 21 pounds. My weight fluctuates too. One thing that I know are helping me to lose the weight but that I don't do every day: drink lots and lots of Water - I drink at least 100 ounces a day - if I drink any less, the numbers on the scale do not move - at least not in the direction I want them to! If you're "hungry" all the time, perhaps you're not getting enough Water - if I am feeling hungry, I drink some water first, and if after 10 minutes I'm still hungry, I either eat something (depending on the time of day) or I drink more water.

I am also not losing weight because I'm not exercising like I should. I'm going to change that. I have an hour between the time I get home from work and the time my kids get home from school. From today forward, I'm going to start using that hour to take a walk. I'm posting this all over the place so people might want to help hold me accountable for walking.

My doctor had told me before too that it can take a few weeks for the fill to "settle in"...and he schedules my office visits about 6 weeks apart and then decides when I get there if I need a fill or not. If it were me, I'd sit down and talk to my doctor and tell him what is on your mind. If he is a good doctor, he will take what you're saying into consideration...and make a decision with you that you both think is best.

It can take 3 + fills until you find that "sweet spot"...don't get discouraged...you're on a journey - a life altering journey - this is no quick fix.

I felt the same way. I was banded on May 29th and actually was GAINING weight. I had my 3rd fill about 1 1/2 weeks ago and I now have restriction for the first time. I have lost about 5 lbs since this last fill. So, don't give up...it just takes awhile for them to get the fill in the bad set at the right level.

Well, I was banded August 18th and the first week of weight loss was awesome but I have not lost a pound since! Every time I drank Water I got indigestion! So, needless to say I have not been drinking water, so I decided a couple of days ago to give water another try and thank goodness I am able to drink it! I really think it has made a difference. I don't know for sure, because I don't weigh every day but I do feel like I am losing! WATER IS DEFINATELY AN IMPORTANT PART OF THIS!

I had my surgery yesterday and my doctor told on discharge just to follow the diet. He said the only restriction I will feel is from inflamation and I probably won't gain restriction till after 2 or 3 fills. I plan on staying on the preop diet till I am able to advance and will still limit my calorie intake significantly. This is still a learning process and I hope to do the best I can. I understand the frustrations. Progress will present itself eventually but we must follow the diet to see it.

I appreciate everyone's input. I know for sure I need to find time to exercise and as far as Water goes, I don't ever drink it. I don't ever get thirsty I don't know how I don't get dehydrated. I am going to start drinking water today. Hit me up later to see if I'm following through. Thanks again to everyone who replied. Have a good day!:biggrin:

I feel your frustration. I was banded 02-13-08 and i have lost 6 pounds. I have had SIX - yes count them SIX- fills. I have 6.6 cc in my 10 cc REALIZE band and i do not feel ANY restriction.

I know every one is different but i want to cry and claw out eyes when i read magazine articles about people who dropped 6 dress sizes in 6 months after being banded.

I track all my food on the REALIZE site, i keep my calories between 900 and 1100 daily. Take all my suppliments. Exercize-- now not the 3-4 hours daily that has recently been suggested by research into the FAT gene.

I am FRUSTRATED and feel CURSED to always be morbidly obese. Even when i preveiously lost 100 pounds - before the band -- i only wnet froma a size 28 to a 18-- maaaybe a 16 on a good non Water retaining day. When i weighed 130 pounds i was still a size 12! I am big boned. Is it my lot in life to be a 18. IS that BAD? that i am morbidly obese at 246 at 5 ft 6... i am begining to feel myself making deals with my mind-- its not sooo bad- you look okay-- who you trying to impress any way?

so yes i feel your frustration.... :biggrin:

Frustrated, lets encourage each other because I know exactly how you feel, I was banded 6/30/08 and I still have not had any fills yet and I am at a point where I am totally frustrated and discouraged because its like I can pretty much eat regular meals or whatever, I got the lapband because I need help and right now I feel like its not helping. I started out at 339 and as of yesterday I was down to 313.2 but I have been taking organic appetite supressants and forcing myself to drink insane amounts of Water adn eat only one small all Protein meal a day because I so desperately want to lose this weight and get healthy. I know in my heart that I just need to get this Lapband program on the right track so it can really work for me because I have read some very encouraging stuff on LBT, but yes you are not alone, the path to getting on the right track with the Lapband is frustrating! I'm doing my best to be patient and not lose hope. I would be happy to be a friend anytime you need one!

You made me smile :-) I will keep your journey in my prayers. I feel your pain and i too would love to encourage you on this journey! Dont give up an i wont either!