Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded a year ago

hello, I was banded on May 27,2007 and have lost a total of 50 lbs. It was a little tough in the begining but got easier with time. Now one year later I was hoping to have lost more weight. I have recenlty put on 7lbs. I went to the doctor and asked for a scan to make sure my band was still in place because I was vomiting almost daily. Well, my band is still there and prior to my test the doctor removed some of my fill because they said it was dangerous to vomit that often. It's been a couple of months since my test and now I can eat everthing! I feel I am back to my old habits. My next appointment is Sept. 10th and I feel like a failure because I gained more weight. I can feel my clothes starting to feel tighter. Help! I feel I am spinning out of control. :lovechoc:

I read your post & my eart goes out to you. I was banded in march 07 & lost most all of my weight. I don't vomit but i am very tight so many times i slime or cant eat as much. I have gained about 8 pounds back but i admit it is because i dont follow the band rules as much. I eat ice cream or cheese foods that go down easily. & sometimes a little wine. Not good. I am dedicating myself to get back to the band way of eating which is higher Protein, low fat, lower carb and only smaller meals with minimal Snacks.< /p>

Its odd how the things that are bad for you go down much easier. I used to think that was a cop out. Anyway, just wanted to encourage you that if your band is in place, get an appropriate fill(s) and get back to basics.

I have to sometimes ask myself if i am hungry or is what i feel just appetite.

You can do this! You have made progress! Stay on track!

hello, I was banded on May 27,2007 and have lost a total of 50 lbs. It was a little tough in the begining but got easier with time. Now one year later I was hoping to have lost more weight. I have recenlty put on 7lbs. I went to the doctor and asked for a scan to make sure my band was still in place because I was vomiting almost daily. Well, my band is still there and prior to my test the doctor removed some of my fill because they said it was dangerous to vomit that often. It's been a couple of months since my test and now I can eat everthing! I feel I am back to my old habits. My next appointment is Sept. 10th and I feel like a failure because I gained more weight. I can feel my clothes starting to feel tighter. Help! I feel I am spinning out of control. :shades_smile:

I'm going through the same thing as well. I was banded august 2007, lost 55 pounds, but then had 4 months where the band was too tight and I was vomiting all the time, but I kept thinking it was my fault and not the band, so I didn't get it loosened in time. Finally it got so bad I had almost all the liquid taken out, and now I am all better but am back to being able to eat anything and as much of anything as I want. It has been a struggle just to not gain much lose less weight!

You're lucky your appointment is for Sept 10, mine isn't until the end of October and I fear what I may weigh at that point. All we can do is keep trying though. Just a part of the journey I suppose! Goodluck and I hope you find restriction with your next fill. Just know you're not alone with these ups and downs!

I feel you sister! I was banded March of 07 lost like 40lbs in just a few months, did not have the money for a fill until Sept 07 by that time had only lost the 40lbs went to a Dr. who said he did the fill but it was a horrible experience and within a month could eat anything I wanted. So I have only lost a little over 55lbs up from the earlier 65lbs gained about 10lbs over the last few months and just got what I think was my first successful fill yet yesterday. Don't give up it is almost the 10th and you will be better after that. Also have you looked at some of your habits? Are you eating while distracted? I have found more often than not if I will eat without distractions and slowly I notice my fullness faster? Have you quit exercising? Just try it and you know you can always go back to your pre-op liquid diet to help get back on track. I have been struggling too so I totally share your pain. Just don't be too hard on yourself it takes time and it's a longer journey than say if you had done actual gastric bypass but in the end I think and I hope you will too that it is worth it.

Heather

Edited by anthrochika