Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My big day is Sept. 8th. I'm so happy to be given this opportunity to change my life. I'm on day 5 of Protein Shakes, so far no melt downs. That's all for now, just wanted to introduce myself.

Hello, my big day is also Sept. 8th and I am so excited. I am now on the shrink your liver diet. Tell me about your diet if you have time to share. It seems as if you were saying that you only are doing shakes, is that the case? I have to have two shakes a day three helpings of fruit and 3oz of lean meat and a baked potato or two slices of light bread. I am just curious about what others are required to do before surgury. So please hit me back if you get a chance.

Edited by NinaWoo

I am on three shakes a day. THAT'S IT. I like the sound of your's, at least you are eating something as well. How are you doing with it?

Thank you. I have a question for you. How do you get the ticker to show up, I have looked and looked and can't find a place to enter it.

hellow everyone. Congrats to everyone who is about to get their band. Could you share what Protein Shakes you got and where available. Their are so many kinds and so many different prices that i am not sure i am looking for the right ones.. Some are soy. Thanks for any help. I am being banded on September 26, my husbands b-day!

I too am getting banded on 9/8/08. I have been on the shake diet, my Dr. says I need to have 5 a day and nothing else. No food whatsoever. (I like your doctor better, at least you can eat fruit and meat). I am taking Optifast 800. I have yet to be able to drink more than 4 a day. I have my chest xray tommorow, my bloodwork this morning and on Thursday I see my Primary Dr. for clearance. Then Friday I weigh in, and Monday is the big day.

Thank you. I have a question for you. How do you get the ticker to show up, I have looked and looked and can't find a place to enter it.

go edit profile on the right when u sign in, then go to edit signature on the left part of the box, then cut and paste. Actually mine is still not right. My ticker should be showing up not the website. I don't know what to do about that problem.

I am on three shakes a day. THAT'S IT. I like the sound of your's, at least you are eating something as well. How are you doing with it?

I am doing okay so far. The first couple of days I had a headache all day, but it got better after the third day. I did mess up and I was eating canned veggies and i was suppose to be eating steamed. I actually found out that information yesterday when I looked over my diet again and I was dissappointed because I should have noticed it. I then decided I will just do better the rest of the time I have left before surgery.

Good Luck

hellow everyone. Congrats to everyone who is about to get their band. Could you share what Protein Shakes you got and where available. Their are so many kinds and so many different prices that i am not sure i am looking for the right ones.. Some are soy. Thanks for any help. I am being banded on September 26, my husbands b-day!

I was excited when I found out that I could have SlimFast because it is a shake that I can tolerate. I have not tried any other shakes. I guess I need to venture out, but I'll do it another time I am just trying to stay focused. I was told that my shake had to be no more that 220 calories and no more than 10 gr of fat. So that put a limit on my shake issue.

Hey my name is Chris Barnes. I live in Martinsburg, WV and i'm just got my surgery date for the Lap Band. My date is Sept. 29th. I'm so happy right now. I lost 40lbs just for being on Fastin. My surgery is going to be done in Wincherster Va. :biggrin:

Could you share what Protein shakes you got and where available.

Well, first I want to give big welcome all the new September banders!

The shakes my doctor recommended, and I like all three:

Boost Diabetic (Glucose Control)

Carnation Instant Breakfast (No sugar added) Blue package

unjury

I like that the Boost and Carnation brands have added Fiber. They all seem to be pretty filling, and I don't get hungry quickly after drinking them.

Nina, this is a quick list of what I can have besides the two daily shakes. I am allowed to substitute a shake for the meat and bread, but I live for that sandwich. I never thought a sandwich could taste so good. haha

My diet allows for one fruit, no limit on non-starchy veggies, one low fat yogurt, two slices of light whole wheat bread, 4 oz of lean turkey/chicken/ham or roast beef, 2 oz of V8 or Tomato juice, and 10 baby carrots (I've only eaten a few of those though).

Hello, my big day is also Sept. 8th and I am so excited. I am now on the shrink your liver diet. Tell me about your diet if you have time to share. It seems as if you were saying that you only are doing shakes, is that the case? I have to have two shakes a day three helpings of fruit and 3oz of lean meat and a baked potato or two slices of light bread. I am just curious about what others are required to do before surgury. So please hit me back if you get a chance.

How are you doing now, post surgery?

How are you doing now, post surgery?

Hello Tena I am doing okay but when I got home it was kinda hard because my doc gave me pain meds and nausea meds in a tablet form instead of liquid and when I was on my way from I was vomiting everywhere. I was in a lot of pain and I could not get any more medicine from the pharmacy because it was closed. I had to get a phenegran suppository from from father in law to get to tolerate the pain meds to be crushed and to get them down so I could get out of pain. The nexy day I called my Doc and told them that I needed liquid meds and they took care of it and no more problems with pain. Everyone talked about the gas pain from surgery well, mine was not bad at all. I warned my family about it and when it wanted to come out I let it go (LOL). I still have gas that is coming out from time to time. My biggest problem is me and finding a Protein Shake that I can tolerate. I wish I had of figured this out before surgery because I am getting some Protein but not what I'm suppose to have everyday which is 75-100 grams a day.I don't want to just order every kind of Protein Powder that people are saying is tastless because that can get expensive, so now I am just in the process of figuring all that out. I had 5 different kinds at home to taste once I got started and I thought that at least one would be good but that is not the case. otherwise I go back to work on the 24th and I am excited about my knew beginning to live a healthy lifestyle. Keep in touch. How are you since band day?

Edited by NinaWoo