Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update! from yesterday

Ok... I HAD MY SURGERY TODAY!! and i'm doing great, i'm a little sore but for the most part i'm doing pretty good. The dr said that he was very impress by my weight loss 13lbs, and said my liver was very small and easy to work with!! so YEAH!!!!

I'm excited and hope everyone else that had surgery today went well!!

Congrats! I just had my surgery on tuesday....I am doing better today than the last 2 days....but the first day out I was pretty morphined up...lol Todaay I am coherient! (I think...lol):tt2:

Congratulations to you both and I hope y'all continue to do well!:tt2:

I had my surgery on Tuesday also except I didn't have any morphine or anything, I am quite jelous now, I only had paracetamol (acetominophine). Lucky you hahaha. It's so exciting starting off but I dont know how I will survive two weeks on fluids only.

Good luck to all of yall. I was banded on Friday(last week) and I feel great also. I have lost 17 pounds so far. The liquid diet is sooo hard. I started eating pudding the other day because I was so hungry and I have done well with it. I cant start eating mushy until next Friday and that will be 2 weeks on liquids. Is that what you guys are having to do?

Good luck to all of yall. I was banded on Friday(last week) and I feel great also. I have lost 17 pounds so far. The liquid diet is sooo hard. I started eating pudding the other day because I was so hungry and I have done well with it. I cant start eating mushy until next Friday and that will be 2 weeks on liquids. Is that what you guys are having to do?

I just got banded on August 20th- last Wednesday. The first week I was on a clear liquid diet, now I am on a full liquid diet which now consists of yogurt and Tomato Soup and fat free or skim milk as well as Clear Liquids. I think next week is the pureed stage for me, but I am not sure if the pureed stage and the "mushies" stage is the same?? I think I might have a week of pureed and then a week of mushies and then start on "real food" I know all in all I think the post op diet was about 5 weeks total for me UGH! Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Kim, What are you drinking for the clear liquid stage?

My days 1-10 allow me 3 Protein shakes a day and two Snacks in between which can be one of the following: coffee, tea, fruit juice, crystal light, sugar free kool-aid, Water, skim milk, sugar free Jello and pudding or popsicles, low fat yogurt, applesauce and baby food fruit and broth.

It seems strange that I can have the pudding, Jello, yogurt, applesacue and baby food since it is not actually a liquid. I would prefer to be on the safe side while my stomach heals and do just liquids so that is what I am going to try. I just need more ideas on liquids.

Thanks.

My days 1-10 allow me 3 Protein shakes a day and two Snacks in between which can be one of the following: coffee, tea, fruit juice, crystal light, sugar free kool-aid, Water, skim milk, sugar free Jello and pudding or popsicles, low fat yogurt, applesauce and baby food fruit and broth.

It seems strange that I can have the pudding, Jello, yogurt, applesacue and baby food since it is not actually a liquid. I would prefer to be on the safe side while my stomach heals and do just liquids so that is what I am going to try. I just need more ideas on liquids.

Thanks.

Donna,

When I was on my clear liquid diet all I was allowed to have was Isopure (protein drink) sugar free jello, fat free broth, crystal light, sugar free popsicles, Decaf coffee and tea and that was it. Now I am on a "full" liquid diet I can have all of the above and no sugar added low cal yogurt like Dannon light and fit, fat free Tomato Soup, 1% milk, carnation instant Breakfast and Protein Shakes and thats it. Honestly all I am eating in a yogurt popsicles and Soup. I can't stand jello anymore, and I don't drink coffee or tea. The instant Breakfast I had the other day, but its high in calories. ( I actually had no milk today, so thats why I didn't have it or else I probably would have lol) I would just follow what your doctor suggests. The more threads you read on here the more you will realize HOW different EVERYONE'S diets are. It depends on the doctor, while it would be nice if we all could have the same stuff at the same time, if we weren't on this site we wouldn't know any different LOL. Keep up the good work and keep me posted! :biggrin:

I was banded Monday 8/25, still on liquid phase too. I'm allowed pretty much the same. I have tried sf Jello, sf pudding and applesauce and had no probs, the rest has been all liquids. I can have broth, creamy Soups strained, and juice for the liquids part. I agree....not much variety! I have Protein shakes, but didn't incorporate early, guess I can now, they never said.

My days 1-10 allow me 3 Protein Shakes a day and two Snacks in between which can be one of the following: coffee, tea, fruit juice, crystal light, sugar free kool-aid, Water, skim milk, sugar free Jello and pudding or popsicles, low fat yogurt, applesauce and baby food fruit and broth.< /p>

It seems strange that I can have the pudding, jello, yogurt, applesacue and baby food since it is not actually a liquid. I would prefer to be on the safe side while my stomach heals and do just liquids so that is what I am going to try. I just need more ideas on liquids.

Thanks.

Congrats,

I had mine on Monday 8/25 and was feeling pretty good. It get WAY better every day...was feeling GREAT today! Glad to hear it went well!!

:biggrin:

Ok... I HAD MY SURGERY TODAY!! and i'm doing great, i'm a little sore but for the most part i'm doing pretty good. The dr said that he was very impress by my weight loss 13lbs, and said my liver was very small and easy to work with!! so YEAH!!!!

I'm excited and hope everyone else that had surgery today went well!!

Hi all

I am on the clear liquid diet myself for the next week. It basiclly mimicks all you have already said.

I do have this problem...While I am doing ok with the diluted apple juice/coffee/sf jello/beef broth/sf popsickles/crystal lite My stomach is doing nothing but GROWLING!! I am not "hungry" and am too afraid to eat anything anyway...but I just growl...burp and so my life is....sip growl burp!! sip growl burp!!! I dont know how to stop it or what to do for it...

I am having trouble sleeping at night as I can only lay on my back and my back is full of gas pains....so that isnt working for me right now....The heating pad has helped me A LOT!

My stomach is still distended and While I have lost weight...(Yes I weighed myself of course..thus my obsession to begin with) I look like I am 15 months pregnant with triplets!!! My body type is that I am just all around heavy not pregnant looking... You know what I mean...

MiniVanMommy, I guess as long as your burping your getting the gas out of your body and I believe that is what you want so the gas pains will ease up. I am taking the Gas-X thin strips and have not had much trouble with gas yet.

I haven't lost any weight and am up 1.5 lbs. (Maybe I need to quit taking the Gas-X strips and let it go.) I can't figure this out since I have had hardly anything at all other than Water and other liquids. I guess my body is trying to hold on to everything it can and is in starvation mode? I don't know but it is frustrating.

I hope your gas pain lets up soon.

The day I came out of the hospital...(they kept me overnight)...I was actually up by about 7 lbs!!!...This morning I weighed myself and saw that I lost that and about 7 more lbs...(I had lost about 3 lbs before the surgery)

I think I owuld be happy with puddings etc...but I am sticking to what my Dr said...My best friend had the surgery done 2 weeks ago by a different doctor and she was allowsed soft foods 3 days out of surgery...so go figure...