Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet & Energy Level

is anyone else finding themselves sleepy all the time while on the pre-op diet? i'm eating about 800 calories a day (minimum of 60 grams of protein). super low fat (like less than 10 grams a day).

i find myself pretty high-energy during the day but i've been coming home from work and falling asleep as soon as I walk in the door. (granted, my average day at the office goes from 8am to 7pm).

all i want to do is sleep. and then sleep some more.

I've been ranging between 750 and 1100 calories a day (depends how much Protein I get in). My surgery is on the 12th and this is day 10. I seemed ok early on during pre-op, but the last few days, I also have been very tired when I get home. Sometimes, I'm ok right when I get home, but then about 1.5 hours after dinner, I get very sleepy.

It's strange, this is kiinda how I used to feel before losing a bunch of weight on the 3 month diet I needed to do to get approved for insurance.

My doctor has me on max 30g carb, max 10g fat, and min of 70g Protein.

Only a few more days to go. I'm really dreading the clear sugar free liquid day before surgery. I've been losing energy and focus at work too. So, I decided to take 1/2 day off the day before surgery.

Good Luck!

Maybe you are not sleeping as well through the night.

I have sleep apnea (which I didn't know until recently) and I wake up ok but I can take cat naps all day.

And maybe your pre-op diet needs to be adjusted for more Protein or maybe an appropriate vitamin/mineral supplement.

i was ok on the pre op diet regarding energy levels, but i no this is slightly of at a tangent, but i dont seem to have much energy now i am post op. im sticking rigidly to what ive been told, but geting worried about starting work again on monday and no energy.

sorry about not following the thread completly

I'm a bit concerned about my energy level when I get back to work. I have surgery on the 12th and will be going back to work on the 20th. Most of my job is a desk job, but mentally it can be quite exhausting. At least I will only have a 3 day workweek. It should be interesing.

Folks at work pretty much know what I'm doing, so I know they will be pretty ok with it and understanding. They are quite proud of me already.

But, it's stilil a concern because I'm an over achiever and have a tendency to overdo it. I've been really trying to keep the stress level down these days before surgery (especially at work).

dglaeser

i no how you feel about over doing it etc, i get in the office at 7.30am and finish at 6, but i only need to be in the office 8.45-5.15, however i find it easier to work during these times. my job is manic but not until september as i teach. the people at work do not know what have done however, they do know im having an operation.

well done on your loss so far, not sure what to say regarding the work situation though

sarah

I'm tired and I'm only at day 2...I hope I feel better soon!

It might be good going to sleep when you get home because that is when I find I eat more and get hungry so I figure sleeping will help with that!! I've alost gotta get my MultiV that I am supposed to be taking with the preop :lol: Hopefully that will help a bit too!

And hey you don't have too much longer now Kristen!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches