Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something I've never experienced..HELP!

So i was banded 4-23, and have had zero compl. I had a fill June 19, and that also went off without a hitch. Felt pretty good restriction, and have had no problems, the only thing I've not been doing is chewing well, but haven't had anything get stuck.

Well, I went back Thurs. for a second fill, and he ended up saying no, b/c i had lost 4lbs. since June 19, and thought I was doing great, and didn't wanna overfill. Ok no biggie, I'll wait.

So Friday night I wake up to aweful reflux, and this is like stabbing pain reflux, which i have had before banding, but I haven't had it at all since being banded. It lasted a few hours, which it never has before...so I'm getting a little worried, I finally took a Pepcid and within an hour it subsided.

THEN, all day yesterday everything i ate felt like it would get stuck, I never PB'd but it was like a throbbing heaviness right below my sternum and it would happen after a few bites, and then slowly subside after about 1/2 hour.

Is what I"m exp. random tightning? B/c I didnt get a fill, I'm confused. I know fellow female bandsters have said that certain times of the month their band can all of a sudden tighten for a few days. I'm worried b/c of that lack of good chewing, I've made my band slip, I'm not sure of the symptoms of a slip but the reflux bout really scared my since I haven't had it since being banded.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I"m thinking of calling my doc and see what he thinks, in fact I just left them a message to call me back, b/c this is weird, esp. since we didn't do a fill thursday. I don't get it????:smile:

Do you have allergies or sinus problems at all? I did the same thing a couple of months ago. All the sudden I had reflux and I actually started throwing up anything I tried to eat, I mean anything. I got scared and went in, there was nothing wrong with my band. I suffer from allergies and he told me my pouch was probably full of mucus which would cause everything to come back up. I took over the counter allergy meds (Zyrtec and liquid Mucinex). It completely cleared up in a day. You might want to ask your doc if this is a possibility. Good luck!

WOW! I never would have thought that! Whats even weirder is that for the past 2-3 days my allergies have really flared up! I'm going to go take my meds now and see if that helps! Thanks so much!

I did really well for almost 6 or 7 weeks with my last fill in May, but didn't need a fill in the end of June. All was well, but it was as if a switch went off and in July, it was all I could do to keep food down. I have no idea why and neither does my dr. So...after nearly 10 weeks, I went for a slight unfill. I feel a thousand times better. My doctor doesn't think there's any correlation, but I know I feel better when I workout. I think it has something to do with "moving" my system. I drink more Water and use the bathroom more frequently when I workout. I did take a week off from the gym, coincidentally the first week of my struggles, and had mostly liquids and semi-solids instead of food. No one knows how that happens, though they have found a correlation between tightening and menstruation. Everyone is different. I will say I worried about an unfill because I didn't want to gain weight, but I think my body is happy to have the right amount of Protein again and to eat regularly. I worried for no reason thus far. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!