Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

I want to have a TT and maybe breast implants. My tummy is awful, big lip thing hanging down. And my breast, well are no that bad, so I may or may not have something done to fill them out. I am just at the beginning of this journey. I have appreciated all of the post from everyone here. I have been lurking here, made a few post, but mostly just soaking up all of the info. I just love all of the candid stories and sharing from all of you who has gone before. I am hoping that I will be able to get this done this year, but that may be unrealistic, so it will more that likely be 8 – 10 months before it happens. But, I have made up my mind… It will happen. I know the new me that I have been working so hard to find is lurking under all of this flabby loose skin, I am so ready to have her revealed.

I have contacted my insurance, they will cover a panniculectomy, subject to it being medically necessary, recommended by a doctor, and the person I talked to repeated twice, “That is has nothing to do with weight loss”. So…I was a little confused. She explained that I could not get it just too loose weight.

I have a bad rash, my lower back hurts when I walk or try to exercise. So, I went to the Dermatologist, she confirmed the rash gave me a prescription for cream and powder. She said that she would recommend that I have a panniculectomy. She is going to fax the precertification to my insurance. She said she would be sure not to say anything about weight loss in her recommendation. Then I can go to a plastic surgeon, as long as he is in my network. I have found two that I would like to check out. I am also going to a chiropractor for the lower back pain.

SO here is to holding my breath and hoping. This reminds me so much of what I went through when I started the fight to get my band paid for by my insurance. It has been good for me, remembering how bad I wanted this chance to loose weight and be healthy. I still have a few pounds to get off, so this has helped me to get refocused.

If they will pay for the panniculectomy it sure will help, I want a TT most of all and I am fully aware I will have to pay for that.

If anyone has any additional advice I sure could use it. Anyone else who has gotten there insurance to pay for a portion or ALL of the cost associated with a panniculectomy/TT.

Thanks again everyone for sharing the details of your own personal journeys. I will do that same as mine unfolds. I hope that it will help someone as much as each and everyone of yours have helped me.

Take care,

Laura

Good Luck Laura

I have no advice on this subject, I am getting a TT on August 20th, self pay. I was a self pay for my band as well.

I am sooooo excited about getting my TT, wont it be great to get rid of all that skin/flab ? -- wooo hoooo

I think after I am healed I will get a navel piercing, that way I will have an excuse to show my soon to be pancake flat stomach. Perhaps someone should design and sell belly button rings for us lapbanders!

Best wishes.

Michee - Wow August 20th, that is not that far off. You may not have much advice to give not, but you will have tons after the 20th. So you will have to share what you go throught with the rest of us preparing for the day when we will get our TT. Good luck, it must be so exciting. I don't know about piercing my belly button, I think I will be just glad to have a flat tummy. I just know it will be wonderful to get rid of all of this extra skin, it makes me feel so ugly.

Good luck with your soon to be flat tummy.

Laura

Laura,

De-flabby me, that's funny! You should definitely go for it.

I want to have that done possibly next year, I still have about 30/40 lbs to lose.

Just had breast reduction about 4 weeks ago, so now my tummy sticks out more!

that will be my next venture!

Good luck!

Juliegeraci - WOW 6.5 lbs, that is awsome. Did your insurance help any at all with the cost of removing the pannus? I see you also had a thigh lift, I hear that is very painful. You look wonderful.

Laura

Well.... I have made some progress on my journey.

As I told you before I went to my Dermatologist, she confirmed the rash gave me a prescription for cream and powder. She said that she would recommend that I have a panniculectomy. She is going to fax the precertification to my insurance. Well, I received a letter from my insurance saying:

Panniculectomy is considered medically necessary for the individual who meets the following criteria: The panniculus hangs below the level of the pubis (which has to be documented in photographs) AND the individal has achieved significant weight loss and reached a boy mass index oa 30, as well as having matained a stable weight for at least six months AND if the individual has had bariatric surgery, be at least 18 months post operative AND have recurrent or chronic rashes, infections that do not respond to conventional treatment for a period of 3 months.

So..... I have made an appointment with the PS for next Wednesday, he will take pictures and forward to my insurance, my pannis hang way below the pubis. check of one thing.

BMI is 29, (and falling), the stable weight I am working on.

November will be 18 months since my surgery

My Dermatologist has already documented the rashes, and have been treated for over 3 months.

Soo.... We shall see how it goes next week...Wish me luck

Laura

Thanks Shalee!

Had a major Bummer today.... Had to cancel my PS opintment. Have to go out of town with work. Just a minor thing....will have to wait until I return to reschedule.

Oh Well....