Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Average Calorie Intake Before 1st Fill

Calorie Intake Post Surgery but Before 1st Fill  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Calorie Intake Post Surgery but Before 1st Fill

My surgery date was 6/18/08 so I have been banded one week today. I’m in phase 2 (soft solids), and no fills yet. I’m curious what the average calorie intake is for folks that are post surgery and have not had their first fill yet.

I’m averaging between 800 – 1000 calories and some days I’m going closer to 1200. I just don’t want to gain before I get my first fill.

I did gain 2 lbs :lol: but I got my first fill today which was totally painless :biggrin2: and I have been eating around 1200 to 1300 a day and that is stopping myself from eating more because I have been HUNGRY :tt1:

I keep track on www.thedailyplate.com which I find is a great easy site to use and it's free.

I hope my fill today will stop the hunger :tt1: I haven't ate anything yet so we will see :lol:

Congrats on your 20 pounds!!! Is the pre-diet weight loss??

I am on liquid diet for 21 days. My surgery was 06/13/08.

Thanks Zoe,

I lost 12 before the surgery and 8 since. I have put my scales away though. I don't want to get down if I stop losing or gain a few before my first fill. I can't decide if I want to check on my weight once a week now or just wait until after my first fill. I'm already feeling better though and my clothes are fitting a little better.

21 days of liquids, wow. I feel for you. I'm happy I only had 1 week of that.

I hear you on the scale thing. I am driving myself nuts with it. So, we aren't suppose to be losing until after our 1st fil?? I get all the info confused sometimes.. eekk. LOL.

The liquids have been fine, I haven't been hungry at all!! UNTIL TODAY!! I am finally hungry.. And really hungry. 9 more days.

eekk.

I hear you on the scale thing. I am driving myself nuts with it. So, we aren't suppose to be losing until after our 1st fil?? I get all the info confused sometimes.. eekk. LOL.

The liquids have been fine, I haven't been hungry at all!! UNTIL TODAY!! I am finally hungry.. And really hungry. 9 more days.

eekk.

Well I had my daughter hide the scales from me... Best move all week! How did you do yesterday on your hunger Zoe?

I did good with my hunger! Didn't cheat!! I only have 8 more days on the liquid diet! I can do it!! eekk..

How are you doing?

Are you on mushies now? If so, what are you eating. I need to get prepared for that!!

:Angel_anim:

I did good with my hunger! Didn't cheat!! I only have 8 more days on the liquid diet! I can do it!! eekk..

How are you doing?

Are you on mushies now? If so, what are you eating. I need to get prepared for that!!

:Angel_anim:

Good for you!!!! Well maybe I'm a bad influence for you Zoe. I was on liquid diet for about 6 days... was told to do it for 7. I was on soft solids for 1 day... was told to do it for 7. Now I'm eating normal food. I did decide to call my doc and make sure I wasn't going to mess things up for myself in any way. He said that's fine so long as I can keep it down and I'm not having any problems. I feel great. I'm eating only about 1 - 1/2 cup of food at a time. 3 meals/day and the Protein drinks in between. I don't know how my weight is doing since I had my daughter hide the scales but I feel okay. Calorie intake is staying close to 1000. I also decided I'm going to start trying to exercise tonight. Just something small at first, but I know I'm ready to have sex again, so if I can do that I should also be able to exercise a little too.

On the soft diet I was planning on eating a lot of baked potato, eggs, etc. I know every doc is different so I'm sure yours has a good reason for the diet plan he has you on. Besides you will most likely lose more weight before your first fill than I will.

I am really trying to stick to the "rules" I want to get rid of this weight as soon as I can! LOL!

Sex-- yes, you should start that ASAP! I would, but I am single right now. :Angel_anim: So, I don't really have anyone to do it with.. ha ha

I have been walking since last week. I do a mile a day. I didn't yesterday though, my tummy was sore at the incisions. Ouch!

My surgery was the 13th of June. My 1st fill is July 17th! Yeah!~

When is your first fill?

Well when I spoke to my doctor today I asked if we could do my first fill next week when I go in for my follow-up, he said "no way", which is what I expected him to say. He said 6 weeks which would be July 30th but I leave on vacation on July 29th. So I am going to beg for him to give me my first fill a little earlier. He only comes to the office close to me on Wednesdays but I figure I'll drive anywhere to get a fill. I'm wondering if he is going to say he wants me to be in town for a few days after the fill incase I have problems. I HOPE NOT. Because that would mean I would be forced to wait until week 8 when I get back from vacation! Noooooooo :Angel_anim:

Thanks Zoe,

I lost 12 before the surgery and 8 since. I have put my scales away though. I don't want to get down if I stop losing or gain a few before my first fill. I can't decide if I want to check on my weight once a week now or just wait until after my first fill. I'm already feeling better though and my clothes are fitting a little better.

21 days of liquids, wow. I feel for you. I'm happy I only had 1 week of that.

I had surgery on 6/18 and I have lost 21 1/2 lbs! :Angel_anim: My thing is I am not getting near the calories everyone else seems to be getting. I bearly get 500 a day:sad_smile: I cannot eat anymore MRS. BAND :confused:will not let me!!!! What should I do?????

Hi, Christine! I was also banded 6/18/08. I am on mushies now and am managing to hang under 1000 calories by some miracle. The weight is still coming off, but I am fearful that will change as I am able to eat more and am awaiting my first fill. I am hoping to be able to start exercising soon, but right now, my incisions start itching like crazy if I sweat at all!! Not a good thing living here in balmy South Carolina.

I had surgery on 6/18 and I have lost 21 1/2 lbs! :thumbup: My thing is I am not getting near the calories everyone else seems to be getting. I bearly get 500 a day:sad_smile: I cannot eat anymore MRS. BAND :confused:will not let me!!!! What should I do?????

Tara,

I'm not sure how you are only getting 500 calories a day. I get 386 calories from my two daily Protein drinks alone if I use juice and 406 if I use milk for my Protein Drink. Are you still on soft solids or are you eating regular food yet?

Hi, Christine! I was also banded 6/18/08. I am on mushies now and am managing to hang under 1000 calories by some miracle. The weight is still coming off, but I am fearful that will change as I am able to eat more and am awaiting my first fill. I am hoping to be able to start exercising soon, but right now, my incisions start itching like crazy if I sweat at all!! Not a good thing living here in balmy South Carolina.

Hi Kathy,

Well I still don't know where my scales are. I have not been on them for 3 days and I plan to stay away for as long as I can. I know my doctor is going to check my weight Wednesday when I go in for my follow-up so I'll see then how I'm doing but I am afraid I might have gained some weight back since going on real food. It sounds like you are going great though. I just cleaned all the stuff off my exercise equipment since I was using the room for storage and I'm going to start kicking butt.

From what I have read, it's normal to gain some of it back once you get on solids again. If you are obsessive at all, it's probably best you don't know where your scale is.LOL You are probably going to the doctor pretty regularly at this point anyway, so let him keep track of it for a while. Once you hit your sweet spot and start exercising, you can get that scale back and start basking in the glory of massive weight loss!! I ordered a few exercise dvds I am going to start soon. We are going to be moving in the next couple of weeks, so after that for sure.