Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back from my ist fill!

OK I was so nervous! i didn't know what to expect, so of course I'm sweating as i start to lay down, I can't see the needle probably better that way! I asked her if they numb the area and she said no, we usually dont have a problem. I"m thinking WTF? Now I'm really freakin! Anyway, needle goes in no problem, just a pin prick. BUt then the feeling around and pushing, ouch! Finally got it, felt a POP, and thats what she wanted. So I got 2cc's but in my band, and I'm doing liquids for two days and then adding soft back in slowly, no problems though so far, it was the anticipation that killed me the most, now I know what to expect it wont be so bad next time! I only lost about 4lbs. since May 8th, they said yep thats good, it's down and not up and thats what we care about! SO I have to look at that as a positive!

I can't imagine a fill without numbing .....I don't want to see that long needle coming at me. My dr. numbs thank God. The worst part of the entire process is the pinch of the numbing needle...but really no big deal.

Hey I had my first fill today too! I asked the same about numbing the area and she said the doctor does not do that. I thought it was really going to hurt. It was only a sharp pinch and it was over. I got 3 cc bc he said there was already 2.5 cc in there. But so far so good. Had some string cheese that went down really well. But the doc got it on the first prick so if every fill goes like that I will be just fine.

I am so glad to hear it isn't that bad and it is OK if you don't loose a tremendous amount of weight since the surgery. I think I have lost 9-10 pounds since my surgery and i haven't had any fills yet and I was beginning to feel like I was doing something wrong.

weight.png

Hi, I lost 24 lbs. before my first fill. Fill went OK, I take insulin shots, so needle doesn't really bother me. I'm a bit upset because since my first fill on June 12, I've been hungry and have gained 3lbs. I received 3 CCs but I'm very hungry. Before the fill I had no problem, didn't feel hungry. I think I have to call the Dr. because my next fill isn't scheduled until July 10. I had my lap band surgery on May 16, 2008. Appreciate any info anyone has for me.

Good Luck all.

I had my first fill and unfill today.. he gave my 4cc's and I could not keep the Water down.. so he took out 2 cc's.. he had a hard time finding my port spot both times.. I was a wreck.. glad it is over..hope that because I could not keep the water down that 2 will be enough for me to start with... I am going to have a big bruise.. I just know it..lol

My surgery was May 19th, but I went on vacation and he was gone so today was the first day I could get in to get my fill.. they usally wait 6 weeks

Hi,

my first fill was pretty much the same. Nothing to numb the area & my Doc had to poke me with the needle 2 times to get it!! I DID see the needle & can tell you it is loooong!!! Lots of sweating going on for me too! I lost 18 lbs. before my first fill, but will be surprised if I have lost much more when I go for my 2nd on July 22.

Looking back on my 1st fill, it was not so bad.

I had my first fill yesterday(07/07). I'm back on liquids for a couple of days. I was supposed to have my first fill on June 6 but I had to wait until the 7th of July. I noticed the two weeks before the fill I could eat just about as much as I wanted to. I didn't do that but I didn't get full as fast. I have not been hungry but I have a real deire to chew on something like a steak or veggies but I will stay with the program and not eat solid food for two days. What can I expect after the two day liquid diet when I start eating again?

I got my first fill last Tuesday (07/01/08), but I can still eat way too much, so I called on Monday and I am getting another fill tomorrow. I am excited to get a tighter band, but not happy about having to go back on liquids again. But maybe I will lose 2 pounds like I did last week!!! That would be nice!

My doc numbs my area in case he has to jab it twice. I am glad because I barely felt a thing.

I got my first fill last Tuesday (07/01/08), but I can still eat way too much, so I called on Monday and I am getting another fill tomorrow. I am excited to get a tighter band, but not happy about having to go back on liquids again. But maybe I will lose 2 pounds like I did last week!!! That would be nice!

My doc numbs my area in case he has to jab it twice. I am glad because I barely felt a thing.

I'll have to wait and see how much I can eat. My doctor's Nurse Practicioner did my fill and hit it on the first try there was minor pain. I got 2CC's and she told me if I could still eat a lot she wanted me to call. I guess I will find out thursday how this will work.

October 18 2008 330lbs

May 16 2008 284lbs Day of LB Surgery

July 07 2008 258lbs 1st fill :wink2:

My doctor said I could have a shot to numb me up if I wanted it, but he said he doesn't usually use it because that shot stings and is worse than the fill itself. He was right.... the fill didn't hurt at all. It might depend on the "touch" that the nurse or doctor has, just like sometimes it hurts when they draw blood and sometimes it doesn't. I've been lucky, 3 fills without getting numbed and never have felt a thing.

My doctor said I could have a shot to numb me up if I wanted it, but he said he doesn't usually use it because that shot stings and is worse than the fill itself. He was right.... the fill didn't hurt at all. It might depend on the "touch" that the nurse or doctor has, just like sometimes it hurts when they draw blood and sometimes it doesn't. I've been lucky, 3 fills without getting numbed and never have felt a thing.

I noticed you were banded 05/15/2008. I was banded 05/16/2008. I am really pleased so far. My doctor is super as is his Nurse, Nutritionist and Exercise Physiologist. They have really helped me before and after surgery.:wink2:

I got my first fill of 1.5 cc and I have been able to eat mushy stuff today. is it necessary to do the two day liquid. The nurses say its a suggestion but trial and error see what your body can handle