Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going to the movies with some friends tonight (first real outing since surgery) and it got me thinking about movie popcorn and other Snacks. I usually don't buy snacks at the movies because they too expensive, so I usually go without, but if I wanted to bring my own snack what could I bring? Or is it best to just go without? Advice for all stages would be appreciated.

Since you are only 10 days out, aren't you still on liquids? In that case, my favorite snack-a bottle of water! Or mix up some Crystal Light for flavor. A Protein Shake, juice, a popsicle. Most things would require refrigeration. Good luck and enjoy the movie!

Yeah, see that's the problem. I'm on full liquids/ soft foods. Doc said I could start soft foods Friday or Monday, but call first and seeing as I didn't call him today, I'm still on full liquids. Most things I eat now do need a fridge, so I guess I'll go without tonight.

candy tends to go down easily...especially those you can suck on and let dissove in your mouth.

Milk Duds

Whoppers

Peanut M&Ms

etc.

I've slimed up nachos, popcorn, sour patch kids.

When I go to the movies now, I don't get anything. Not because of the band but costs. I told the kids that movies are out from now on OR we can go but get no Snacks.

I am not a big snacker, so I usually stick to Water. But! I have also popped into my purse a 60-cal SF Jello pudding snack or a small bit of cheese if I am feeling hungry and I know it will be awhile before mealtime. Better that than some of the other choices.

If you are going to be eating it within a half hour or so, and you aren't hiking there in the Vegas heat, you shouldn't experience any issues with refrigeration (or rather, lack therof).

I have also debated on picking up a grilled chicken salad at one of the cafes nearby and just carrying a large purse! :smile: Then I can have my meal, forget the Snacks, and enjoy the movie.

Edited by FeliciaLevy75
typo

take some saltine crackers, you can eat them in the mushie stage, ans now i eat sunflower seeds when everybody else is snacking