Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what food do you miss?

dose anybody ever miss eating like you used too? Did anybody ever eat not because you were hungry, but because you liked the way a certin food tasted?

my downfall was pizza, from this little pizzaria in town that made the most mouth watering pizza sauce in the world!!! and when ever we ordered from there, i just ended up eating way more then i needed too...(shame spiral)..lol

what do some of you miss eating lots of?

iamcanadian25

in time you will be able to eat that pizza again.. i have friends that have been banded for a while and they eat almost everything.. just not as much of it!!

Funny you should ask this. I was just making Breakfast for my daughters, cutting a fresh bagel in half and spreading it with cream cheese. If there's anything I miss I think that would be it. :)

But I don't "miss" it in any negative way, really. I smelled the bagel and was able to think about how delicious it smelled, felt the texture and thought about how chewy it would be, and spread the cream cheese and then licked my fingers. I really didn't feel anything more than a fleeting remote sense of how I loved those sensations before. I am in NO WAY sorry that I can't eat an entire bagel anymore.

I truly,truly miss biscuits- the doughy ones that get kind of Gummy when you chew them. Especially the ones that have butter and honey on them!

I don't miss them enough to trade them for the 27lbs I've lost though!

I am having a heck of a time with the pizza demon in me. I swear since I have been banded that is about the only commercial that comes on the t.v. either pizza hut or some other kind of pizza and it is making me crazy.

j.s.

I am missing pizza lately also. I have not tried anything but the toppings off it. bread is a huge NO NO for me and the crust of the pizza scares me. Maybe a thin crust would be good. That is about the only thing I am really craving. Otherwise I feel better then I have in years. WOO HOO!

Like Paula, the big juicy hamburger, with mayo and Tomato juices dripping. Actually, with this tight fill I've been fighting for almost a month, I miss anything I could chew, swallow, and keep down. Oh yes, I miss french fries, loaded with chili and cheese. My band does not like or tolerate any type of potatoes, mashed, chopped, or fried. I guess somethings are a blessing in disguise.

I think I will be able to get away with a little bread as time goes by (only banded 3 weeks) but I have had a few Tostitos with my guacamole and, well chewed, they went down fine. I also got brave and lightly toasted a slice of whole wheat bread and put lots of mushy wet tuna salad on it. I took the tiniest of bites and chewed like a cow for a long time and slowly swallowed bit by bit, it was fine! Haven't done the bread since, but later on, as long as I can have a small amount of bread or chips, I think I can live with that. Otherwise, I'd be missing a big ole juicy burger, for sure!!! Anything else? I'll get over it!

I don't miss anything. I can still have most of it. Once in awhile I'll allow myself a small dinner role or biscuit when we go out but I have to chew it very slowly and carefully. I have had a few nibbles off my hubbys sandwich or cheeseburger and once again I just have to be extra careful. I have never had a whole sandwich or even a 1/2 since the band, just a couple of nibbles. Crackers have kind of replaced my bread fetish. 2 or 3 saltines with a little chicken or tuna salad is wonderful. I love pizza and still have it on occassion. I find thin crusted types work the best or I can always just eat the toppings and skip the crust. YUM YUM! I really can't think of anything I'm lacking. I get the most upset when I forget to chew the first bite well enough and it ruins the rest of the meal. That doesn't happen too often but it is annoying when it does.

I don't miss anything. I can still have most of it. Once in awhile I'll allow myself a small dinner role or biscuit when we go out but I have to chew it very slowly and carefully. I have had a few nibbles off my hubbys sandwich or cheeseburger and once again I just have to be extra careful. I have never had a whole sandwich or even a 1/2 since the band, just a couple of nibbles. Crackers have kind of replaced my bread fetish. 2 or 3 saltines with a little chicken or tuna salad is wonderful. I love pizza and still have it on occassion. I find thin crusted types work the best or I can always just eat the toppings and skip the crust. YUM YUM! I really can't think of anything I'm lacking. I get the most upset when I forget to chew the first bite well enough and it ruins the rest of the meal. That doesn't happen too often but it is annoying when it does.

i am so glad to hear you say this.. i was starting to get worried.. i have a friend who was banded over a year ago and eats everything just not as much of it.. but reading this thread had me worried.. im glad to hear that after some time you dont have to feel deprived of anything..i am only 10 days out and that is scarry for me to think of right now since i am eating practically nothing.

I definately miss sammiches. :) With my first fill I could eat a half of a sandwich but bread is pretty much out for me now, and while for the most part I'm cool with that, sometimes I just want a good sandwich.

I don't get banded until Monday the 9th but I already know I'm going to miss Enchilladas, chips and hot sauce...and anyone in Dallas will know what I mean when I say EL FENIX (downtown of course)!!! ugh! That may have to be my last meal this weekend LOL:)