Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I went back to my dr. for my 10week check up and I knew that this would eventally happen but why today I gained 4 lbs and don't know what to do I don't know what I am doing anymore and my dr. does not take the time to sit down with you and explain stuff it is he is in and out in 2 mins. lately when I wake up when my husband comes in from work which is about 1:30 am I am very sick at my stomach and then all of a sudden I am starving like the kind of feeling I am going to get sick if I don't eat so I asked him what was wrong and he said that he didn't know that my body isn't suppose to be awake at that time of night and that i needed to sleep then walked out of the room. what do I do.

When I first got my surgery 3 months ago I would wake up like 2 or 3 a.m. so hungry. I would have 2 drink some milk or Protein Drink. I would feel so famished as if all my food was used up. I started drinking a Protein drink before I went to bed. It finally went away, Maybe you can talk to the nutrtionist that saw you before surgery. Mine is right next door to my doctor and is always helpful about food choices, pb, Constipation issues or whatever.

I haven't been banded yet, but it sounds to me that you may need to consult another doctor. Are there any other doctors within the same practice you could talk to? Telling you that you should be sleeping is unacceptable; there are many people who work off-shift hours (I am one of them) who that statement wouldn't apply. He should take the time to support you. If he can't answer your questions, he should make the effort to find out or direct you to someone who can.

I'd talk to your nutritionist since your doctor is Speed Racer. If he keeps that up though, I'd tell him that if you're an inconvenience, you'll find another doctor. Sometimes people don't know they're treating us poorly until we tell them.

As for feeling that sick feeling (due to hunger) I get that sometimes in the morning. I just have something to eat (usually yogurt or some liquid) and it goes away.

We have to remember that our bodies are adjusting. We just had major surgery - it takes some time for these obese bodies to get with the program.

Hang in there. And don't let your doctor treat you any way other than the way you wanted to be treated.

7_5_142.gifHello keepinfaith. I am from Al. who was your dr?. Try a little milk or a popsicle before bed. My Dr. runs in and out. But he will answer questions because he has also been banded. Hope fully it will get better.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS