Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Shapers

A friend suggested to me that there is such a thing as a Body Shaper.

Seems when I put on my dresses that are snug I have a problem with my stomach protruding. Does anyone know where to get them and about how much they run??? I am looking for something that tucks in my tummy area but does not make my back side look flat.

Mary and Paula, hope this is the answer you are looking for.

I have been wearing Leggs-Body Beautiful, they are like a control pair of panty hose, without any feet. They come in thigh length and capri length, and work wonders! Cost $5.95 per pair.

Walmart sells them, and they sell out all the time, so I buy several pair at a time.

I am 5'6" and now weigh 220, and I have been buying the X-Large size and they really hold in the tummy and thigh bulge.

Hope this helps.

Thank you I will check into that. Will Let you know if I come across them Paula if you beat me let me know..:D

When I got married my tummy was visable through my dress, so I went to a lingere store (a very expensive local place) and was fitted for a corset. The sales woman saw my expression when I saw the price tag and took me off to the side and suggested that I go to value city or burlington coat factory and get a "body shaper" it is a spandex "mini dress" that goes under your clothes and tucks everything in nicely.(they come with and without bra cups built in) It works like a girddle but breathes and moves more freely. It was about $30, jc penny has them for around $60. If you have a discount store around you that is the place to go, also with prom and wedding time approaching they should be easier to find. ~Mandy

You might want to go to the site lipoinabox.com. I've been wearing theirs for over a year and love all the styles. Works great and I don't have rolls when I sit. Pricey but wash easy (I don't put them in the dryer though) and last forever.

Good luck!

These are the best I've found--they really work.

http://www.spanx.com/pls/enetrixp/!stmenu_template.main

you can get them at QVC (www.qvc.com) and also on ebay (www.ebay.com) for an even better price. Just make sure you get the right size (esp. on ebay). The chart they provide is very accurate.

Hope this helps--I have a 'problem' gut and have had good luck with these.

Sheila

checked out Carol's site those look good. Pricey but if they last well worth every penny. Still checking around see what is out there.. Thanks you all

OK update

I bought to pr of the panty hose from Target (body shaper) and they do work well just have to get use to the hoses I usually wear knee highs price $3.95.

I also ordered from Ebay one full body shaper thing that goes down the thigh and up to the boob area suppose to hold me all in.

Also a high waist girdle both are suppose to enhance the booty area (pick up and support) we will see.

The full body shaper thing has me a little worried cause now I wonder how I am going to go to the bathroom.

Going to the bathroom is pretty easy actually, just flip up the lower half and go, then flip it bak into place~Mandy

Flipping? That won't work if you have one of the legged versions. Especially for many of us over 40, removal speed must be much greater than bladder speed.

I got one of the Lipo in a Box long-line numbers, XL. It works just fine, and did wonders for my saddlebags. Unfortunately it seems to compress my protruding disc in a bad way, so I can't wear it for a while.

I was wondering about that and since my bladder works faster than me getting there, there is bound to be an accident. I will have to test it out first see how fast I can possible flip it down especially when I have a dress on. Should have thought about that before I bid on it.

OH well it will all work out. Yes it is the long leg one too