Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, that SUCKED.

I wrecked my car tonight.

It has rained cats and dogs all day today. I was just getting off the interstate on my way home from work, and I thought to myself, "I'd better be really careful exiting. Between the sharp curve and the rain, it would be really easy to hydroplane." What did I do about 5 seconds later? Hydroplaned into the guard rail, of course.

I didn't do too much damage (and luckily, I wasn't hurt at all), but I did enough that I shouldn't drive my car any longer than necessary. I bent the front left quarter panel enough that it rubs on the tire really badly, broke the light, and damaged my bumper pretty well.

And of course, this all comes about a month before the car's paid off entirely.

sorry to hear....hope you're ok
Yep, I'm fine. Just dreading all the crap I have to do tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that I can get everything done (call insurance, drop my car off at a body shop, arrange for a rental car, etc.) and still get to work on time. I don't think it's going to happen, honestly, since my insurance company doesn't open until about 9:00 (I have to call them to get a list of approved body shops), and I have to be at work at 10:00 with a half hour drive.

Ugh, what a pain in the a$$. Hope you can get everything sorted as painlessly as possibly. Glad you're ok though.

Glad to hear you are ok...dealing with an insurance company on a MOnday morning - that's a depressing thought! (Insurance companies and I have a tumultuous relationship).

Ouchies! Glad you are ok though, paid off or not rather it be the car then you that is for sure.

That sucks. Glad you are okay though. Good that the car is newer. I would just get it repaired. Hope you can get a rental car to keep up with those jobs!

Bummer...but I'm glad you are okay. I wrecked mine a few years ago and I had a time with the insurance company. I had to make most of my calls at work and I'm just glad my boss and co-workers were understanding about it. I hope you get it straightened out soon.

Well, that surely SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! sorry about that Laurend... at least you are ok and I'm glad for that.... but the whole thing sucks...

Last year hubby and I were in an accident, some punk ran a red light and our car was total loss... and he was uninsured too....:biggrin:

Take care.

It seems to be the minute the car is paid off something happens.

Glad you're ok!

Ack! At least you're OK and cars can be fixed.

Dont you hate that though - I did a similar thing about eight weeks ago, turning left (same as your right hand turns). I tend to look into the oncoming traffic and drive forward without checking that the car in front of me has moved on. I've had about four accidents in my driving career where I've taken off and the car in front of me is still there. I thought "dont do it, check first, be careful". BANG. AAAAARGH. I still havent taken my car in for a quote to be fixed becuase I cannot do without it. I dont want to have to go without it for a week or two to be fixed.

I spent this entire morning and part of the afternoon getting everything done. The repair quote was almost $1900. *sigh* Guess I won't be getting that Caphalon cookware set I was eying at work anytime soon. I've got rental coverage as part of my insurance, so I'll be driving a bright red Chevy HHR for the next several days. Horrifically ugly car, but it's really nice on the inside. It's not that much bigger than my Civic, really, but it feels massive.

Did the whole $2000 come out of pocket or will you get some back from insurance?

Mr. Mac just had a piece of road debris cut a 3 inch slot into his passenger side door. It took almost a week and $2000 to get it fixed. Luckily our deductible is only $500, but I would have much rather had that $500 to spend on something else. We can't get it back from another driver either since it's no one's fault when scrap metal gets kicked up on the road.

At least his rental car was nice, just like yours sounds. He drives a Ford Focus so the rental seemed VERY roomy by comparison. :)

I've got a $500 deductible, so at least I don't have to pay the whole quoted price. But still, I would have liked to save that $500 to either use for plastic surgery or for stuff that I can use my employee discount on that I decide I can't live without (so far I've been really good, just bought a tea kettle and some candles). At least I've got some extra cash at the moment, which is more than I could say before I got my extra jobs.

Oh that sucks. Silly term but I think it is a useful phrase for days such as that.

I'm thankful you atleast have some extra cash at the moment to be able to handle it, but I HATE slaying all those dragons that situations like car wrecks cause.

Good luck and I will be thinking of you.

Edited by ReadySteadyGo