Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was this too much?

I just had my 3rd fill on Tuesday.

I did pretty well with my second fill. I did experience a little bit of sliming and food getting stuck but I blamed myself for eating too fast (and too big of bites...Darn it!! This is a HARD thing to change!). I found that when food was going down well I ate more than what is recommended.

(Sigh)...So I decided to go ahead and try the 3rd fill.

I am not sure this is a "happy place" for me. I have read where other bandsters say that difficulty eating in the mornings is normal. It takes me the better part of two hours to drink my slim fast. It goes down, but it feels heavy and not enjoyable at all!! (I know we are suppose to get away from liquid nourishment, but it's the only thing working for me in the a.m. right now). When I can eat, I am not able to stomach more than 3-5 bites of food at a time.

I am having a hard time deciding if this is the elusive "sweet spot" or if I am a bit too tight. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to eat less and feel full on small amounts but this just seems a little "off" to me. No way am I going to get my 60-80 grams of Protein like this...

Did you all go through this? I guess I am looking for someone to tell me this is normal and it will pass soon!!

Edited by AngelaW

I'm so glad you mentioned the slim. I get an overproduction of saliva and sometimes slim, when I eat to fast or too much. I can tell when I should stop eating I feel a tightness in my chest. I still have not had a fill. Banded 12/26/07 and have lost 45 lbs. I have a fill appt. on May 30th. I'm doing it because I have started to crave sugary, junk food.< /p>

Wow... you have lost almost 50lbs in less than 3 months! I am surprised they are even filling you again. I haven't had a fill yet as I just got banded, but I know some doctors won't fill you if you are already losing that fast.

Mopopp- I guess that is the body's natural instinct to produce saliva to help get food down. I find that it builds and builds and then I must swallow it...and when I do PB it is darn near all saliva!

Jack- You are a blessing to this site. I have read many comments that you have made to others and I can appreciate your honest and constructive views. I have found a couple of people on this site that I can say I truly look forward to reading their input and you are one of them. Thank you!

COSkinnyGirl- I know....50 lbs. is a lot (woo-hoo!!). I did not have a pre-op diet, but post-op I am eating much healthier (It seems to be getting better and better as the days go by). I still have my "days" but nothing like before. I made walking a priority again and it has helped alot. I agree with what you said about the fill. Some doctors won't fill you if you are loosing the 1-2 lbs. a week as suggested. My doctor goes by how much you are able to eat per meal. I was eating more than the 1-2 cup meal size so I was ideally (according to the doc) ready for a fill.

Edited by AngelaW

Hi Jack,

I am Davia I was banded on 12/08 I have lost about 30lbs. I have had three fills I am at 6.2 and ya I feel things like chicken get stuck but after a few min. Its will pass and I finish eating is that ok? Plus I have another fill on the 14th when do I stop? Beacause I don't get full now.

I thought this was a quick fix boy was I wrong I now find myself reaching for all the diet books again.

Davia

I did have to get an unfill! That warm and foamy feeling in the back of my throat was just too much for me. I lost 8 lbs. in six days!! Too much, too fast and all due to not being able to eat hardly at all.

The final straw was when I drank a slim fast for dinner on Sunday night and woke up with it in my throat/mouth on Monday.

I now know what being "too tight" is all about.

How big is you band how come I have 6.2 and don't feel like you did?

Davia

I have the 4cc band. I believe that is the smallest band available.

My husband has the 11cc band and has only 5cc of saline in his so far. He is not feeling any restriction yet either...

I had my second fill yesterday and I think I am also too tight. Your comments really made me understand what I am feeling and I am better able to understand what I am experiencing. I have that foamy feeling in the back of my throat. I was told to give it a few more days. It is sort of scary feeling.

I had my 3rd fill yesterday and am feeling really wiped out. My stomach actually hurts and although I do feel more restriction I just don't feel that great. Has this happened to anyone else after a fill?

I did not feel anything like this with the other 2 fills.