Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

.1cc removed...

I went in for a slight un-fill because I have not been able to eat hardly any solid food and if I do it is only a few bites.

The radiologist had me drink the barium and looked at me under floro before he took any out and said, "You look like you are right where you are suppose to be"

"This is where most people want to be at in terms of restriction".

I felt like a weany...

My first fill was 1.cc and I went in two weeks ago for .6cc making a total of 1.6cc. It was just too tight, thats all there is to it. He removed .1cc and showed it to me. He than had me drink again to see if the barium went down any easier and said it did.

I have read that people react different to different fills. He was stereotyping me for sure. He also up that darn needle in and kept moving it around (after it was in) trying to get it in the middle of the port. I would have to get a obsessive compulsive doc! I am bruised and have a big looking hole on my tummy.

I was able to eat 1/2c taco Soup on the way home. I will see over the weekend how I do.

The doc told me that the whole idea was to cut down on my eatting. I said, "Yes, but not to starve to death"! I told him I had zero energy to do any exercise and had to eat icecream to get 1000 cal per day in me..... GEEZE

The good news is that my un-fill was FREE. The policy is you can come back within two weeks for an up or down fill.... and they are cheap too.... YIPPIE

I hope I don't have to go back in there for a long,long,long time....

Alice, the most I've ever had was 1.2 and I was pbing on Water, down to 1.0. I have been empty and now have 0.5. We're all different in what we need. There's no one size fits all for fills. I hope you are able to eat your hard Proteins now and feel better.

Alice, dont worry about this!

People need little adjustments all of the time. Eventually - you may be able to work yourself back up to it... but for now thats just not comfortable. You did a very wise thing by having some removed!

Good call Alice. Don't let that ole Doc make you feel bad, even though he's the one with the syringe! Keep us posted on how this unfill works for you!