Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

after delivery problem w/band?

after delivery has anyone had problems with their band?? Like slippage, trouble relosing weight, etc? just wondering. am considering pregnancy but dont want to ruin the $15,000 band i paid for out of my own pocket on november 2007. any suggestions? my doc says wait 2 years but that is so far away!!!!

sadly i can never get responses to my questions. tons of people look at my questions but no answers. whats the secret?? ive seen several posts that will have hundreds of repsonses. whats the deal????

I don't have the answer to your question, but I wanted you to know that I read it and wanted to tell you that my MD instructed me to wait 18 months after banding because he said that amount of time is needed for the port to become firmly "stitched", and any sooner might compromise it.

I think that the majority of the really active users on this particular board are currently preggo, so we don't have answers for you just yet. I'm sorry you aren't getting more replies!

I have read a lot on pregnancy and the band because I would like to have more children. I haven't read about any complications with the band. My mom worked with a woman who lost her weight, became pregnant and relost with no problems. I have read that it is unsafe for you and the child if you become pregnant before a year is up. Good luck

sadly i can never get responses to my questions. tons of people look at my questions but no answers. whats the secret?? ive seen several posts that will have hundreds of repsonses. whats the deal????
There are more people interested in seeing what you're really asking, and/or reading the question, than there are actually able to provide an answer.

I'm pregnant with #1 right now, so I can't tell you whether or not "everyone" has problems. Since very, very few things in the world ever affect "everyone" in a given population, I'd guess the answer is no.

I got my band in January 2005 and by that August I was pregnant it did take me a whole year after the baby was born to get re-motivated because its hard to get restarted once you stop. I hit my 3 year mark this January and I am down 85 pounds and in February I finally did my Tummy Tuck, breast lift with implants and Lipo. I was very lucky to only gain 23 pounds because I only had a partial unfill but if I were to do it again I would wait to get to my goal because its hard to start all over again.

Hi there

Wow I wish I had found this board when i was pregnant because i had so many questions! To answer yours though, I have a beautiful little 5 week old baby girl, Daysie, and I havent had any problems post pregnancy. I was only banded a year when i got pregnant and went in right away to have my band loosened because i couldnt keep anything down. So I spent my pregnancy "half full" 2cc's and was just fine. Towards the end everything was tight though. It was hard to eat a lot because food kept getting stuck. but that was it. Funny thing was though that I remembered my band all of a sudden when i was in labor and started pushing and just had this image that I would explode! :) luckily I didnt!

While I was pregnant I was sick the whole time. I let the band out all the way when I was 5months pregnant. After I gave birth I went to have my first fill and the band had slipped. I waited til my son was 4months old and had the old one taken out and a new one put in. I then struggled w/ getting my hormones and body chemistry back in order. I never lost any additional weight after the 2nd band was put in. I had the 2nd band put in in Aug 2006. I found out I was pregnant w/ baby number 2 in September 2007. I have put on 45lbs w/ this pregnancy when w/ my first I only put on 16lbs. I don't know if it is because I never was able to get my body straightened out or what. I look forward to having this baby though. I wasn't sick with this one at all. I'm sure that is the cause of 45lbs! 6weeks after this one is out I will be back in to the Docs office to get my first fill to try and start the weight loss process again.