Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fitday.com (?)

I know there have been discussions of the different online logs/trackers....I started using fitday and I like it.....has anyone upgraded to the PC version...just wonder if there is any real advantage to spending the whopping $20?

I know there have been discussions of the different online logs/trackers....I started using fitday and I like it.....has anyone upgraded to the PC version...just wonder if there is any real advantage to spending the whopping $20?

I've been using the basic version of Fitday and The Daily Plate and I much prefer The Daily Plate. I like the layout and the ease of use. :wub:

I'm so glad you asked that question HarleyGirl. I was wondering the same thing. I really like FitDAy. I just checked out Sparks.com and didn't like it.

I prefer the Daily Plate too.

Can you tell us what you like better about The Daily Plate?

I like and am using FitDay but there are 2 things that I don't like about it:

1) Their food database seems really limited compared to what I was used to on WeightWatchers.com

2) Their search function for foods doesn't work very well. Took me forever to find nonfat milk, and I tried a few searches. I was about to give up and just enter the #$%@ data myself, but I was *sure* they must have it in there- it's a diet staple!

If The Daily Plate is better, I might go ahead & switch. My favorite features for FitDay are the Nutritional report and the breakdown of protein/fat/carbs.

I use the Daily Plate and really like it. I can't compare it to fitday, although I did use fitday a couple of times and had trouble finding the food I ate. I am using the free version of the Daily Plate.

What do I like?

1. I have found almost every food that I have looked for (even recipes like the Campbell's Soup can recipe for Brocoli chicken divan)

2. Even if I don't find an exact brand match, I am able to match the info I know from the food I ate and get an accurate calculation

3. If I can't find the food (one recipe so far) and I didn't feel like adding it myself, you can add manual calories

4. You can save entire favorite meals and just click and select (for example 1/4 cup egg whites, 2 tsp light margarine, 2 slices weight watchers bread).

5. You can get cool graphs and charts (weight loss over time, average Protein over time, exercise over time, sodium, etc)

6. You can track your exercise each day (although the credit they give you for the exercise is kind of out of whack - according to the credits I am given for exercise I should be close to goal by now)

7. You can see some great recipes from people who have posted and calculated the nutritional content of what they prepared

8. You can add your weight and height and how much weight you want to lose per week (for example 2 lbs) and it will calculate the number of calories you should be able to eat daily and lose that amount (again uses science that my body doesn't particularly agree with :crying:)

9 I found it really easy to use, and pretty quick.

I use the Daily Plate and really like it. I can't compare it to fitday, although I did use fitday a couple of times and had trouble finding the food I ate. I am using the free version of the Daily Plate.

What do I like?

1. I have found almost every food that I have looked for (even recipes like the Campbell's Soup can recipe for Brocoli chicken divan)

2. Even if I don't find an exact brand match, I am able to match the info I know from the food I ate and get an accurate calculation

3. If I can't find the food (one recipe so far) and I didn't feel like adding it myself, you can add manual calories

4. You can save entire favorite meals and just click and select (for example 1/4 cup egg whites, 2 tsp light margarine, 2 slices weight watchers bread).

5. You can get cool graphs and charts (weight loss over time, average Protein over time, exercise over time, sodium, etc)

6. You can track your exercise each day (although the credit they give you for the exercise is kind of out of whack - according to the credits I am given for exercise I should be close to goal by now)

7. You can see some great recipes from people who have posted and calculated the nutritional content of what they prepared

8. You can add your weight and height and how much weight you want to lose per week (for example 2 lbs) and it will calculate the number of calories you should be able to eat daily and lose that amount (again uses science that my body doesn't particularly agree with :crying:)

9 I found it really easy to use, and pretty quick.

That pretty much covers all the reasons why I prefer the daily plate, too! I like the nifty feature that helps me watch my Water intake for the day, too. :thumbup:

I like Fitday. I've never tried the daily plate. I use Dietfacts.com to look up nutritional infor and will download to fitday so I don't have to enter all of the info. Now that I have a Body Bugg I use their site to track my food.< /p>

I have to say I've been using Fit Day, but just switched to the Daily Plate. They have a much larger food database & it's much easier to navigate through. I have not found a single item that was not in the Daily Plate food lists, but had to always enter everything on Fit Day. Hope this helps.

I've never used the Daily Plate but am now curious. I ended up going with Fitday just because it was the one I came across. I spent the $20 because I liked the idea of having the program and not needing to be on the internet to use it. However it would be neat to be able to still use the internet version and have it sync to the PC program - maybe it does that though and I haven't figured it out yet HAHA

One thing I like about the fit day program is entering recipes. There are a few recipes I make that I wanted to figure the cals on, and I can enter the whole recipe and tell fitday how many servings that is, and it'll do the math for one serving based on the ingredients. And then once it's entered it's in the database for me to use.

I used fitday for years but just recently switched to daily plate.

The food database is so much better and the whole interface/graphs are so much better

:)

Thanks guys -- I switched to The Daily Plate and already like it better than FitDay. It has everything I need - calorie, nutrition, weight and exercise tracking and the foods I eat are on there and so far easy to find.

I'm doing a trial of the Gold membership; I don't mind paying a small fee to support a good site.