Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help Me

Hello everyone I had my surgery in August 07, and I have been doing ok but for the last (3) past office visit my Fluid has been leaking my doctor told me he was going to have to do some xrays etcs to see why and where its is leaking from could any please tell me what happens during this test and will this means? I will I have to go through surgery all over again please help me I am so scared.:thumbup: Any information on this would help me a lot.

Hello everyone I had my surgery in August 07, and I have been doing ok but for the last past office visit my Fluid has been leaking my doctor told me he was going to have to do some xrays etcs to see why and where its is leaking from could any please tell me what happens during this test and will this means I would have to go through surgery all over again please help me I am so scared.:thumbup: Any information on this would help me a lot.

Sorry to read about your leak and I understand you being scard ((Hugs))- they will ck your band under fluro - you will drink barium (sp) and they will take an xray - this should show them where the leak is - Depending on what the outcome is will deterimne weither or not you will have to have surgery.

Just wait and see what your Dr says once the test is done - You may have to have surgery - but I'm not a licensed doctor so I can't say for sure - just stay calm - I know easier said than done - but just try and take it one day at a time...

My best to you...

Sorry to read about your leak and I understand you being scard ((Hugs))- they will ck your band under fluro - you will drink barium (sp) and they will take an xray - this should show them where the leak is - Depending on what the outcome is will deterimne weither or not you will have to have surgery.

Just wait and see what your Dr says once the test is done - You may have to have surgery - but I'm not a licensed doctor so I can't say for sure - just stay calm - I know easier said than done - but just try and take it one day at a time...

My best to you...

Thank you, so much for all your information I understand what you are saying I will try to stay calm but I am so scared that every move I make will make it leak more, and I have limited my activity with my kids because of this but I know this will get better. And agian thank you so much...

How does drinking barium show a leak in the band? I need someone to help me understand this. I've read it many times, but it doesn't make sense to me. Barium shows on xray and can help your organ & organ boundaries be visible (soft tissues dont play well with xray), hence a pouch that is hard to see is clearly visible when full of barium, and barium going through the stoma can be seen. That part I understand completely. But to me, if barium were to be used to detect a band leak, it would have to be injected into the band (obviously talking hypothetically) and they could then observe where the barium exits the band.

How does seeing organ structures, or mass inside my esophagus/stomach help a doctor find the point where saline is exiting the band?

Thank you, so much for all your information I understand what you are saying I will try to stay calm but I am so scared that every move I make will make it leak more, and I have limited my activity with my kids because of this but I know this will get better. And agian thank you so much...

Sweetheart - I really don't think you have to limit your activity w/your kids -

Just live your life as you would normally moving or not is not going to change things.. When do you go back to the Doctor??? How is your restriction??

We have a 3 day weekend - enjoy yourself (but not with food:tongue:) and things will work out - they always do - chill :eek:

Sweetheart - I really don't think you have to limit your activity w/your kids -

Just live your life as you would normally moving or not is not going to change things.. When do you go back to the Doctor??? How is your restriction??

We have a 3 day weekend - enjoy yourself (but not with food:tongue:) and things will work out - they always do - chill :eek:

Thank you so much and have a great weekend will keep you posted on my results.

How does drinking barium show a leak in the band? I need someone to help me understand this. I've read it many times, but it doesn't make sense to me. Barium shows on xray and can help your organ & organ boundaries be visible (soft tissues dont play well with xray), hence a pouch that is hard to see is clearly visible when full of barium, and barium going through the stoma can be seen. That part I understand completely. But to me, if barium were to be used to detect a band leak, it would have to be injected into the band (obviously talking hypothetically) and they could then observe where the barium exits the band.

How does seeing organ structures, or mass inside my esophagus/stomach help a doctor find the point where saline is exiting the band?

Thanks for your information also will keep all this in mind

Point taken - I guess I am full of barium - :eek: - just trying to help calm her nerves - I guess they will shoot the band with a dye that will show up on an xray - just don't want o/p to worry herself to death -

It was not so bad I got some injection into my port that filled me up so tight that my I felt really bad chest pain and they took several pics to see if I had any kind of leakage but there were NO LEAKS so refilled me back up and told me if the same amount Fluid is not in the port he was going to have take another route to see what is going on. The only problems I been having was I think he put to much in my port because I have a lot of chest pain after I eat but I hope this will get better.

It was not so bad I got some injection into my port that filled me up so tight that my I felt really bad chest pain and they took several pics to see if I had any kind of leakage but there were NO LEAKS so refilled me back up and told me if the same amount Fluid is not in the port he was going to have take another route to see what is going on. The only problems I been having was I think he put to much in my port because I have a lot of chest pain after I eat but I hope this will get better.

Glad to hear that they don't think you have a leak - it sounds like you are to tight - eat very slowly - chew well and take tiny bites - little sips of Water - if you are having too hard of a time - you can always go back and have a little taken out.

I was too tight for about a week after a 1cc fill - my doc took out .08 cc and now I still have restriction but can drink a cup of coffee in the morning w/no problems.. Plus as you loose weight the band is suppose to loosen - but make sure you get your Protein and fluids in - that's very important - and take your vitimans. I find if I don't I bruise really easy...

Our bands are so fickled - they just don't make sense at times...

Blessings