Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bio Trainer versus Body Bugg

I looked into the Body Bugg a few months ago and really wanted one but they are pretty pricey. I found the biotrainer online. It's $49 and they offer a 10% discount to WLS surgery patients (use discount code: WLS).

This thing sits on your waistband and counts calories all day long. You can either enter them on bio trainer's website and use their menu options, calorie tracking, etc. for a fee or just write down your daily totals and keep track.

I find myself wanting to increase the total calories burned each day so I improve. I like it better than a pedometer just counting steps or the heart rate (Mio) which may or may not calculate calories burned correctly.

Whatever your method, keeping track of how many calories you burn each day and comparing to how many you ingest will help you forecast whether you are on track to lose or gain weight.

Keep moving your body everyday!

I'd love a body bugg too but at $399 intead of $49 for the bio trainer (BioTrainer Weight Loss System - measure physical activity and caloric burn), it's basically the same thing. Plus the body bugg is pretty big & bulky and doesn't have a display. Unless you buy the wrist watch display ($479.95 for BodyBugg & display). Then there's the monthly web site fee.

The bio trainer is pretty much the same thing, looks cool and is WAY less expensive. Plus they offer a 10% discount to WLS patients when using the Discount Code: WLS - wish they had that when I ordered mine.

biotrainer.jpg?t=1201290093

When you stop using your body bug, can I borrow it? I'd love to compare the two products.

Thanks Mick - I've looked into the BodyBugg, but really didn't like how bulky it is and the price. I plan on ordering one of these!, appreciate the heads up!!

STOP USING THE BB?! Are you crazy!?! Lol. I never take it off, other than to shower. Haha. I have a permanent indention on my arm. My famiy all make fun of me.

I noticed one day Target has this credit card sized thing that you carry in your back pocket or wherever and it allegedly measures your calories burned and steps taken. It's like $10 or so. Not sure how well it works... I thought about getting one just to see how they compare... for those times when I would like to take the BB off - like with a shorter sleeve top or when I'm on a date. Lol.

OK. I just watched the lil vid on the bio trainer - but I don't get how it works? I know the BB has all these censors and stuff... Can you explain please?

Also - just FYI - You can get the BB from 24 Hour Fitness: 24 Hour Fitness Centers and Health Clubs for usually about $100 less than the actual BB site.

Hi Mick,

I agree the bb is way too pricey. I am looking into the biotrainer.

thanks for the info

STOP USING THE BB?! Are you crazy!?! Lol. I never take it off, other than to shower. Haha. I have a permanent indention on my arm. My famiy all make fun of me.

I noticed one day Target has this credit card sized thing that you carry in your back pocket or wherever and it allegedly measures your calories burned and steps taken. It's like $10 or so. Not sure how well it works... I thought about getting one just to see how they compare... for those times when I would like to take the BB off - like with a shorter sleeve top or when I'm on a date. Lol.

OK. I just watched the lil vid on the bio trainer - but I don't get how it works? I know the BB has all these censors and stuff... Can you explain please?

Also - just FYI - You can get the BB from 24 Hour Fitness: 24 Hour Fitness Centers and Health Clubs for usually about $100 less than the actual BB site.

I agree I read reviews on the bio trainer on Amazon and nobody liked it one person said it broke after 2 days

Mine broke last week while I was stacking firewood and I stepped on it. I called the company and they replaced it for $9.99. I have read the reviews on Amazon. Some liked it, some didn't. One person said it didn't show very many calories burned when they weren't very active. I think the studies posted on the company's website are pretty compelling and anything that gets people motivated and active is a positive thing. It doesn't have sensors physically attached to your body measuring temperature or heart rate but mine does seem to reflect my activity effort and does motivate me to work out harder. I saw on it on Smarthome - Home Automation, X10, Remote Control, Lighting, Wireless Security which is my favorite gadget site. I think, like any technology, it'll grow legs and become more popular.

"The biotrainer has a tri-axis accelerometer (like the wii controllers) with a built in microprocessor that measures the force of your body’s motion 40-times per second. It processes the data, and then accurately calculate energy expenditure (in either calories burned or activity unit)"

-- off their website.

John- Congratulations on 40lbs gone forever! Keep up the great work!

I am definitely going to consider purchasing the biotrainer. The Bodybugg is way too expensive for me. This seems like it would do what I'm looking for, motivate me to move more. Thanks for the tip Mick!

As far as customer reveiws - you always have to consider the source. I mean, I love my BB, but there are plenty of people who don't like it. You just have to try something for yourself. :frown:

ARRRRRGGGGGG! I went right to the site and tried to order it, but their system must be down right now as they were unable to process my order. BUMMER!

The Bodybugg is the rolex of calorie counting and I have really enjoyed having one. I am not big on surprises so I like to know how many calories I burn. I don't know anything about the Biotrainer but if it gives an accurate numbers on calorie burn then go for it. How can you diet when you have no idea what you burned that day. The bugg should come with the band if you ask me.