Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Breakfast" this morning--Yum???

Woke up early again today and got up to check my e-mail, etc. Started feeling hungry so I had a packet of powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury strawberry along with my well-chewed Vitamins. Actually made me FULL. This is really odd. Think i could get to like it. Wonder how long it will last?

Pain much better today (so far). Just some soreness when I get out of bed or the chair. Also--removed the clear bandages that were covering my incisions. Will try to take a little longer walk later. Hope everyone has a good day! Can't wait to hear from the baby bandsters of yesterday and today.

Mornin', Jim! I'm 6 days post-op and this morning I finally got out of bed for the first time without making a game-plan first to avoid pain. LOL I just sat up and got up. I must be doing really well. I still have a huge dark purple bruise the size of a softball around my port site incision...but oddly enough it doesn't hurt to touch it. There's not any pain at all. My ribcage is still sore. That doesn't bother me much at all most of the time.

I'm getting ready to make a 30 gram Protein drink and get my daughter off to school. Hopefully all that will happen before my baby wakes up. I'm already back to normal routine and will be out and about running errands in a couple hours.

Talk to you all later! :rain:

good morning jim! I had a buddy in the hospital whose name was Jim and I was also banded on 01/07/08. I am just a couple of days post op and I feel great!! I too just had a tasty cream of chicken Soup for Breakfast and some Water and now I am full too. I love the feeling of not being hungry. I would have liked to have some fresh fruit with my breakfast, but those days will come. take care and glad to hear you are doing well.

Hope all are on the mend this mornin'

Jim, I've been watching your progress as we're the same age. I'm as old as you or your as old as me, not sure witch??? I've found over the year, I dont heal as fast as I use to. Hope that wont apply thhis time.

Good luck to all, Steve

Band date Feb 5th in KC

hmmm, breakfast. This is actually the first morning I woke up and was able to just *get* outta bed without having to think about it. Breakfast will be lowfat yogurt smoothy with some whey protien mixed in andsome special K Water. TASTY. Gone are the days of eggs, bacon, toast with lotsa butter from homemade bread....

Greetings Mama, Free and Ginger-- We're all getting better and making progress. That's cool, isn't it? So glad to hear from everyone. Have a good day! Jim

Hi Steve-- yes, I'm 50. Can hardly bring myself to say that. It sounds so old and came so fast. I swear, since I turned 50 in September, I've really began to fall apart-- arthritis, more frequent heartburn, easily depressed, yada, yada, yada. Plus I have had high blood pressure for years. It's not a good recipe for longevity. Perhaps a good thing though, because I think that's what finally pushed me over the edge to have WLS. That, plus the realization that I would never be able to take the weight off AND keep it off without some help. My prayer is that my new band will provide that extra help. So here I am, and yes, I would agree that I don't bounce back as quickly as I used to, but I'm pretty much on the timetable my doc said to expect. Good luck to you. Do you have a pre-op diet to do?

Jim

Hi everyone,

Speaking of age and not bouncing back, I was really dissappointed with my recovery. I think I'm actually on schedule, I was banded Friday, the 4th, but I have a friend who went to work the following Monday. She's only 2 years younger than me and I thought for sure I could do the same. Well, here I am on day 6 and I'm still at home. I can't say I'm doing poorly, but am still in enough pain that I don't think I can handle work even though it's a desk job, its 72 miles each way and a 13 hour day (including travel time).

It has actually caused me to feel a little depressed and I'm gagging on these drinks. This is my last day on liquid, but I'm miserable. I'm still glad I did it, but I thought I would feel happier. I ate a bowl of Tomato Soup the other day and felt 100 times better, but it was short lived, the next protien shake brought me back to reality.

Anyone else have these feelings?

I sure wish that I could be eating like ya'll are. My doc requires a clear liquid diet for seven days. The only things I can have with Protein in it is Isopure (which I haven't bought yet, but think I'm gonna) and Special K Protein Water. I'm dying here. I made 3 different types of Jello last night because I'm tired of strawberry and Orange.

Hi Suzanne-- I think everyone is different and you shouldn't compare yourself to others. You had major surgery six days ago. Of course you still feel it! I just ask myself if I feel better today than yesterday. If the answer is yes, I'm encouraged, and so far it has been yes.

I bought some of the unflavored unjury Protein and put that in my Soup last night. Didn't seem to affect the taste AND I got my Protein. You might try it.

Nuke-- wow--you are awesome! Hang in there. Be sure to keep the protein up-- that will help you feel somewhat full. Sorry you're having to go through this.

Thanks Jim, I'm hanging in there. I've lost another 7 pounds since Monday so I guess it might be worth it just a little bit. I actually don't feel that bad just really hungry. 4 more days of broth, popsicles and jello!

Hi Jim,

I am watching your progress too, because I am 52 and going to be banded next week. My surgery is Tuesday, and I'm planning to go to work on Friday for 1/2 day. I'm a Nurse Practitioner. Do you think I'm being unrealistic? Are you in alot of pain when you move around when you are walking? I don't know if I should just stay out until the following week. I have to be on clear liguids for a week, but I don't have a pre op diet. I wish I was on the other side already. Thanks for your daily progress reports. They are really helping me. Diane

Hi Diane--

Let's see. You are having surgery Tuesday and going back Friday. That would be like me going back today. Your job is more physically demanding than mine though (yes-- I'm a "desk potato"). I guess I'd say I think I could do it, but I'm glad I don't have to. I am off the narcotic pain meds as of yesterday, but still taking Tylenol. Gas pains were a real problem for me yesterday. Better today. Getting out of bed and out of my recliner were quite difficult at first but much easier today. I am getting ready to take a little walk too. I understand moving around is important and speeds recovery.

If you have a choice about Friday, I'd try to get it off. If not, you will probably be fine, especially since it isn't a full day. Hope that helps a bit. Jim

Thanks Jim. I guess I'll see I how feel on Wednesday and go from there. Has anyone heard how Redtulips3 is doing? She was posting alot and has not posted since the day before her surgery. I hope she is OK. Has anyone heard from her? I worry about all of us. I'm the Mom, its what I do.Diane