Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting really nervous!

I still have 22 days left but I'm getting really nervous and scared. I had to do an online educational thing today and that really got me freaking out a bit. I mean it's all stuff I have already read about or heard, but it's really starting to sink in that this really is going to happen. I'm thinking too much about the actual surgery and stuff and that is really what's got me so scared. If I just don't dwell on it I think I'll be okay, but I can't stop thinking about it. ARG! Can I just go ahead and get put to sleep now and wake up on the 30th after my surgery so I don't have to think about it anymore? lol

Dont over-analysis it. Yes, there is a potential for problem but remember that being obese hass its own set of problems. IMO, the surgury is safer. Focus the next three weeks on getting your home in order and stocking up on the things you need, catchcing up on laundry and hanging ouy with friends and the time will fly by.

Try not to worry! I know it is going to go great. I wasn't too nervous until a couple of days before. I think I hugged my girls about 50 times more then I normally due. But it will be over before you know it. Like Gingerbug said, try to keep busy and remember, you are doing this to improve your health and your life. It will all be worth it in the end!

Renee

These past few months I've been totally fine and wasn't nervous. Yesterday I had a mini freak attack about my surgery tomorrow. If I was sure this is what I wanted and that this was the right choice. I spoke with my mom and we went over the many reasons why this IS the best thing for me and how thankful we are that we have this as a resource to help my weight problem.

It's my first time in the OR so that added some stress too. I'm fine now and I hope I will be too tomorrow morning when I'm waiting for surgery. Surgery is less than 12 hrs away!

RedTulips, you'll do fine. I know you will. Don't be scared of the OR. They give you good drugs, you go to sleep, and when you wake up it's all over. Then by summer you'll be wearing shorts and a bathing suit and so glad you did it! Good Luck tomorrow. Diane

Good luck redtulips. I had never had an anaesthetic before until last Monday - I was so nervous I could hardly speak. I was suprised at how easy it was - I just went to sleep and woke up in the chair (don't know how I got there!) I'm not anxious or nervous about my surgery next Tues at the moment.

I got my cold feet on the night before the surgery. When I got all dressed up in my gown, fancy knee-his and color coordinated blue paper hat I just wanted to run away!! I was pretty stoic though and didn't let on how nervous I was. They did give me something for my nerves after I got in the operating room. It was some good stuff too!! Then I heard the anesteseologist (hooked on phonics, I know I didn't spell it right) say "He's entered the building" Sounds very Elivisish. After I heard that the next thing was waking up and looking at the clock in the recovery room.

So what I'm saying in a round about way is just relax, everything will be fine. You are investing in your future!! Good luck:clap2:

I was soooo in freak out mode last week. I have finally calmed down now and I can assure that you will too. I had gotten to the point in my research where I was reading A LOT of the complications and negative posts. I had to stop over analyzing and remember WHY I started this journey in the first place!

Now I can't wait! :rolleyes::)

The only major surgery I've ever had was a c-section and I went through this same thing when I was going to do that, I knew two weeks before that I was going to have it and I stressed about it until the night before, I was really calm and really relaxed that night and throughout the next day. I'm hoping that I'll be the same way with this, I'll do my freaking out over the next few weeks and be calm and collected the day of. One can only hope! Thanks for the all the encouragement ya'll, I've really needed it today.

Don't even think about it. My parents were allowed in with me up until I had to walk to the OR, we were talking about lots of other things, including the pre opt weight loss, and before I knew it I was under. It was a truly painless experience. (ok before recovery, but you know what I mean)

Amber,

Please dont stress or be nervous. Just keep remembering why you are doing this. Like the others said, keep busy and do anything you can now to make life easier when you get home. I took two weeks off work and am now soooooo bored, have went shopping and walking. You will do great !!!!!

Amber I was freaking out last week as well, then I went on the general discussions thread 'before & after' pics and saw how amazing everyone looks 6-12 months on and it got me so excited to start the journey. Try it!

L.A. I'm banding on the same day as you and completely understand how the clam has set in...one more week!