Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any advice on post op vitamins for gastric bypass procedures?

there's nothing you can do to help with the Hair loss, other than be sure to stay on top of your Protein and Vitamins so it doesn't get any worse than it is. The stress on your body from the surgery - plus the limited calories we're taking in the first few weeks - cause many of the hair follicles to go dormant. Your body has better things to do with those calories than worry about your hair - for one thing, it needs to heal! Some people swear by Biotin, but just as many say it did absolutely nothing for them. There's no harm in taking it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't seem to do anything.

some people don't lose any hair at all, and some lose so little that THEY barely notice, let alone anyone else (I was in that second category). Many people lose a fair amount of hair, but they're the only ones who notice it. Losing big, noticeable (by others) clumps isn't very common.

and of course, this is all temporary. It'll grow back. I lost hair from months 6-9, but again, it was so little that it wasn't noticeable.

I take the once-daily ProCare Health Vitamins (with 45mg of iron), a Biotin with 10,000 mcgs, and three BariatricPal calcium chews daily (I get the strawberry, grape, and caramel to mix things up!). I haven't noticed any increased Hair loss from before surgery, and I feel really good!

55 minutes ago, Ladylove72 said:

I take the once-daily ProCare Health Vitamins (with 45mg of iron), a Biotin with 10,000 mcgs, and three BariatricPal calcium chews daily (I get the strawberry, grape, and caramel to mix things up!). I haven't noticed any increased Hair loss from before surgery, and I feel really good!

it usually starts up about month 3, but not always. Mine started during month 5. If you get beyond six months or so, though, you may be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have it (and not everyone does...)