Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going through Kaiser preop right now. Mine is a ten week program. One more week and then I get to see the surgeon. All my preop they requested so far is done. Fingers crossed there isn’t a long wait due to COVID.

Which region are you in if you don’t mind me asking?

I am going through kaiser in socal. I start my first class of the options program this week. When I was going through the orientation/class scheduling and touching base with the nurse in charge I asked what their time frame for scheduling is in our area and she said that the backlog due to covid was worked through already and that they normally schedule surgery to happen within a month after the classes end.

However, we are moving into fall and they are anticipating another surge of covid... sooo.... they may get a backlog again. If what she says is true I will be looking at surgery in January

I’m in SoCal too. My group leader refused to comment and said we would find out when we met with the surgeon. I don’t really want to wait until January. I’m taking the first opening. I already warned my work.

You already have your classes done though. I still have to do those. If it’s the same time frame you should be able to get by the end of November. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I plan to take the first available appointment in anything they require. I took the first class group they offered and plan to tell them that I am ready when they are. My classes will end December 23rd. Merry Christmas to me I guess lol. And I’m hoping to be post op by mid January.

did you have to do a psych eval?sleep study?

kaiser is so different from other insurance requirements with their in house classes etc. however I have read that their success rate is great because of all the hoops you have to jump through

My psych evaluation was a phone appointment with a lcsw. It was about 30 minutes of talking. I already have sleep apnea and well treated on my APAP machine so I guess I got to skip that step.

You might be able to talk your PCP into ordering a sleep study to speed up your process.

I already tried that and I have to wait until I officially get the green light from my Bariatric team 😑

I already had a TON of bloodwork run in May for something unrelated so that might end up cutting at least one bloodwork appointment out of the mix. Good luck on scheduling a surgery date soon :)

Finished my classes today and all of their preop requirements. They are submitting for a referral to the surgeon. Let’s see how long this takes. They said up to two weeks.

Congrats! That’s very exciting. Please post how long it takes so I can have a time frame of what to expect.
I did my support group tonight, then I have class 2 tomorrow (only 8 more after tomorrow night!!!)

the nurse put in for labs,ekg, and stool sample so I’ll get that out of the way tomorrow and go through the booklet to prep

everything is moving along! Hopefully I can get more stuff checked off my list of things to do

Got my referral in the mail today. I can’t wait for them... calling tomorrow morning to get an appointment with the surgeon.

Tentative surgery date of 12/3

1 hour ago, baritheri said:

That's awesome! Very exciting i am on week 5 of options..thanks for sharing!

Me too! I just finished class four last night and will be doing class five next Wednesday.

I know this may not seem like the truth but it does go by fast. Keep making those lifestyle changes and you’ll do good. Upping my Water was one of the best things I’ve done so far.