Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I was wondering.....does everyone Regain some sort of their weight back after weightloss surgery?

From what I am reading most do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's not inevitable, but yes, it's very common to gain 10-20 lbs after hitting your lowest weight. And some, unfortunately, gain a lot more than that. It takes constant monitoring to hold the course. ARRGGGGGHHH!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

it's not inevitable, but yes, it's very common to gain 10-20 lbs after hitting your lowest weight. And some, unfortunately, gain a lot more than that. It takes constant monitoring to hold the course. ARRGGGGGHHH!!!

I started at 227 and now am 110. I never meant to lose this much but still don't want to gain. It's been 19 months and I've been fortunate enough not to gain any but I know it's still early out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, sammi123 said:

I started at 227 and now am 110. I never meant to lose this much but still don't want to gain. It's been 19 months and I've been fortunate enough not to gain any but I know it's still early out.

yes - it's usually in year 3 that it starts happening. It's NOT inevitable, though, so if you want to stay where you are, just monitor yourself closely. Not everyone gains weight. Most do, but not everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

yes - it's usually in year 3 that it starts happening. It's NOT inevitable, though, so if you want to stay where you are, just monitor yourself closely. Not everyone gains weight. Most do, but not everyone.

You have done amazing!!!!! Looks like you have maintained as well!! Congrats to you!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sammi123 said:

You have done amazing!!!!! Looks like you have maintained as well!! Congrats to you!!!!

I actually gained about 15 lbs from my lowest weight. It's OK, though - I knew that was likely to happen, so I planned for that (purposely let myself drop a few lbs below my goal). My lowest was too low anyway, though - I didn't look that great. I look a lot better at my current weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I actually gained about 15 lbs from my lowest weight. It's OK, though - I knew that was likely to happen, so I planned for that (purposely let myself drop a few lbs below my goal). My lowest was too low anyway, though - I didn't look that great. I look a lot better at my current weight.

I also gained almost ten pounds from my lowest weight, which was 18 pounds less than my original goal weight. As I've detailed elsewhere here, I actually found it difficult to stop losing weight when I entered maintenance. I thought I looked a bit emaciated at my lowest weight (132) and feel good after gaining eight pounds since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the unwanted weight gain later down the post-wls road is due to loosening of habits and generally eating more volume or more higher-cal foods without any offsetting exercise. If you catch the weight gain before it gets to big, you CAN work your way down to a comfortable level. Losing 5 lbs is much easier than losing 20. I think the key is to stay on top of it.

P.S. But I'm only 1 yr, 3 months out, so I may still be wearing my rose-tinted glasses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I think the unwanted weight gain later down the post-wls road is due to loosening of habits and generally eating more volume or more higher-cal foods without any offsetting exercise. If you catch the weight gain before it gets to big, you CAN work your way down to a comfortable level. Losing 5 lbs is much easier than losing 20. I think the key is to stay on top of it.

I think you're exactly right!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a big weight gain.

I was eating things I shouldn't because my home situation changed.

After the 70 lb weight gain. I moved out of the situation I was in.

I have lost close to 40 lbs. It took years and I am still trying to get back to my previous weight.

Hopefully I will lose 50 Lbs more. To get to a more sensible weight.

I had RNY and tried a revision surgery to SADI.

It doesn't seem to be doing much good. Maybe I am eating too many calories.

I was eating between 1500 to 1200. Now I am eating 1000 to 1200.

My doctor wants me to go lower than 1000. I am not sure how you do that without relying on Protein Drinks.

Which he told me not to do. I lost 17 lbs since the surgery 12/4. Most of that was during the preop diet and the initial

post surgical time.

Any suggestions about this situation are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Tabatha529

      I went to my first of 12 education classes yesterday.  We have a great group of 11 people who will be learning together.  So excited!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • CaptMarvelfangirl

      Just joined the forums and am in the process of completing the requirements in order to get my surgery date. Going for gastric sleeve. Nervous, excited, frantic...LOL. Wishing the day would just get here!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • boot44

      ON MARCH 9 I WILL HAVE COMPLETE ALL MY REQUIREMENTBEFORE SURGURY CAN BE SCHEDULED. BUT I AM GETTING COLD FEET.  I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST AFRAID BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Tabatha529

        You are doing this for YOU not anyone else!! Do not worry about what others think, it is how you think and feel about yourself that counts.

    • GreenTealael

      @summerset
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      ❤❤SAFE SURGERY & SPEEDY RECOVERY❤❤
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled! 
       
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×