Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I'm 4 months out since my surgery and within the last 2 weeks I've experienced this twice. NOT a pleasant experience. I'm not sure what I ate the first time, but this time I made homemade blackeye peas, high in Protein. My body said NOT TODAY!! I was doubled over, in pain, moaning and groaning. I'm going back on Soups for a couple of days. I know others have experienced this, how did you deal with it? Just ride it out and not eat what caused this reaction again?

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't have much food that I react to, but if I do, I'll try them with a week or two between just so I can see if I don't tolerate the food itself or if it was a coinsidense

usually dumping is caused by too much sugar hitting the small intestine. Was there sugar in your pea recipe?

No. But I just remembered a couple of days ago I ate a piece of left over halloween candy. A mini 100 grand bar. That must be it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

This was probably not dumping, but simply a reaction to the texture and maybe the volume. Wait a week and try it again, but only 1 tablespoon at a time with at least 5 minutes between bites.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• ShawnaDonna

Just cleaned out my fridge of old/unwanted food. Next is cabinets and pantry!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

I baked a gross of (144) chocolate chip cookies for the coffee break (fika) at work. The cool part was that I managed to not eat a single one of them. Not only that but I finished with my baking by 11pm and got up at 5am for my doggie walk before work. This time it was MUCH easier to skip the cookies since I was thinking about dumping in the back of my mind. That and the damn gremlins (oops I mean  grehlins) are on vacation at the moment.
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

💙🙌CONGRATULATIONS🙌💙

• SorryNameTaken  »  JRT Mom

I hope your surgery went well and your recovery is going smoothly!  If you need anything while you're up here in northern VA, let me know, I'm only a hop, skip, and a jump away!  

Let us know how you are doing when you're feeling up to it!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Angela63

Hello everyone hope you have a wonderful day, and remember to drink water.❤️✊✊
      · 2 replies
      1. Sueflals

https://allcbdstores.com

2. Sueflals

https://allvapestores.com

• SabrinaGoddess

Hospital - PAID
      Doctor - PAID
      Surgical Assistant - PAID
      Anesthesia Tech - PAID
      Plane Ticket - BOOKED
      Hotel Room - BOOKED