Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, today I had my appointment with my PCP to get medical necessity/clearance letter. It was a great conversation. My PCP has been my PCP for probably 10 years. I love him for many reasons- he is our local school nurses medical director and he has put together some great stuff for our nurses, his kids and my kids are in school together and we're both always there cheering our kids on, I was blessed to be able to take care of him when he was fighting for his life due to leukemia, but most of all, I love him because he's never addressed my weight issues. So I was nervous with how he would react. Turns out he is 100% behind me on it. He actually used to be the doctor overseeing the nurse practitioner at the clinic where all of my appointments are at. So he's done this before many times, including everything but the actual surgery. He agrees that the gastric sleeve is the best option for me, and gave me tips to make it easier now. He also said to let him know if there's anything he can do to help as far as running tests or stuff that may be cheaper with him than with them. He's excited for me. He took some concerns off my shoulders as far as wondering if it was something that I should do with this clinic or not, and if I was choosing the right surgery. He had me schedule an appointment for April so he can see me again before I go and answer any questions I might have at that point.

Also, scheduled the appointment for my psych evaluation. Its not until Dec 13... but it's scheduled!

That's great! Having a PCP that is behind your decision for WLS can make things a lot easier. This whole process takes a team and if one person isn't on board it'll probably still work, but it's like a 8 cylinder car with one bad spark plug-it'll run but be really choppy!